Statistical Programming (Clinical Pharmacology) Leeds 2024
Launch your global career with Fortrea’s 2024 12-month Internship Program. We are seeking 5 Statistical Programming Interns to be office-based in Leeds, starting July 1st 2024.
As a leading global contract research organization (CRO) with a passion for scientific rigor and decades of clinical development experience, Fortrea provides pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device customers a wide range of clinical development and technology solutions across more than 20 therapeutic areas. With over 19,000 staff conducting operations in more than 90 countries, Fortrea is transforming drug and device development for partners and patients across the globe.
In March 2023, we moved our Leeds Clinical Research Unit to a new state-of-the-art site at Drapers Yard, Leeds, conveniently located a short walk from Leeds station. As a Fortrea intern, from your first day, you will complement your education across STEM+, working on real department assignments, always linked to our mission to deliver solutions that bring life-changing medicines to patients faster.
When you choose a placement with Fortrea, you will be learning and performing the role of a graduate statistical programmer. Sure, you will be learning SAS programming (we have a 3-week training course to teach you everything you need) but it is so much more than that. We need logical thinkers, so if puzzle games are your thing, you will love the tests that this opportunity brings every single day.
Prepared for a challenge and looking to develop, professionally & personally? Along the way, you will improve communication skills, general office etiquette, organization, and how to manage your time and work to deadlines – super handy for your final year of Uni. We have a young, talented team of over 50 programmers who are all ready to mentor you to help you achieve your potential.
We will support your development and career exploration through
- Dedicated mentors
- Program workshops
- Leadership speakers
- Employee Resource Groups
- Panel discussions
- Small group ‘coffee chats’
Capitalise on a dedicated training and development program that will support your career aspirations and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the team
- Fortrea is a global contract research organization with offices and sites all over the globe involved with studies ranging across all aspects of clinical trials – this opportunity in particular is for our Clinical Pharmacology Services (CPS) group who work largely with Phase I studies but for multiple therapeutic areas like Cardiovascular, Respiratory Disorders, Central Nervous System and Infectious Diseases, to name a few.
- We have a team of up to 80 programmers – largely based in Leeds but some are working in Australia and Bangalore – and you may also have to communicate with other Study Team members who are working in the US.
- You would be given the same responsibilities as our graduate Statistical Programmer I hires – producing a number of programming deliverables to meet the requirements for a study to be submitted to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
What you will do
- Responsible for the production of data tables, figures and listings (TFLs) to the required specification for clinical reports. This involves production of programs in SAS, to meet client specifications
- Reconcile electronic data with CRF data.
- Create SDTM and Analysis datasets (ADaM).
- Responsible for data transfer to and from clients in both production and developmental roles.
- Ensure that TFLs are produced in a timely and accurate manner and are in accordance with defined standards.
- Liaise with Medical Writers, Data Managers, Biostatisticians and other members of staff with regard to data and tables, listings and graph specifications/requirements.
- Ensure all documentation is completed on work produced e.g. QC records, Index document.
- Responsible for providing SAS programming support in terms of creating SDTM/ADaM datasets and producing tables, figures and listings for reports.
This is your opportunity to become part of a successful, engaged and enjoyable team that contributes bringing life-changing medicines to market sooner. We have had a number of students work their way up in the department not to mention 2 of our managers and our associate director. Starting your placement with Fortrea could be the beginning of some really exciting opportunities – just recently one of our returning students attended a client meeting in New York to discuss the sweep of studies he is leading for them.
- You must be currently pursuing an undergraduate degree. Preferably in mathematics, statistics, computing, life science, health science, or related subjects.
- Experience delivering multiple projects in an academic or professional setting.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with your team and wider colleagues.
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership.
Fortrea is actively seeking motivated problem-solvers and creative thinkers who share our passion for overcoming barriers in clinical trials. Our unwavering commitment is to revolutionize the development process, ensuring the swift delivery of life-changing ideas and therapies to patients in need. Join our exceptional team and embrace a collaborative workspace where personal growth is nurtured, enabling you to make a meaningful global impact.