Junior Computer Forensics Consultant 2021
We work with corporations, governments and law firms to meet legal, regulatory and investigative demands by leveraging our skills to enable our clients to more confidently govern, secure, find, analyse and rapidly understand their data in the context of compliance and risk.
Our Technology practice uses our people and our technology to help clients identify, collect, analyse, and review electronic documents and data to locate the key evidence. Our team of over 500 professionals around the world includes e-discovery experts, software developers, and forensic specialists. They’re industry leaders and have been involved in some of the largest e-discovery matters of the past decade, which means they have the experience to help clients whatever their challenges.
This Consultant position sits in the Digital Forensics and Investigations team, part of the Technology practice of FTI Consulting.
As part of the London based team, in this role you will be trained in delivering a range of digital forensics services to clients, including data collection, data extraction and forensic analysis.
You will be part of a growing team of digital forensics professionals responsible for delivering computer forensics services to our clients, including:
- Liaise with clients and senior staff to manage work and meet client requests
- Secure and preserve electronic evidence to forensic standards, on-site at client premises around the UK and abroad
- Utilise industry standard and bespoke software to access, extract and handle data from phones, mobile devices, computers and storage media
- Perform forensic analysis and reporting for a wide range of digital devices under supervision of senior staff
- Research and develop custom solutions as required on a case by case basis
- Be customer-service-oriented to meet client deadlines, including working out of business hours when necessary
- Travel as required to ensure effective management of case activities, which may be at short notice.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 2:1 degree in forensic computing or a technology, criminal or legal-focused subject, or equivalent experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Enthusiasm for technology and an interest in technical developments
- Self-developer that demonstrates an ability to solve complex problems with well thought out solutions
- Ability to manage time and prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and support the team’s goals
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while handling multiple tasks through to completion
- Ability to communicate effectively in a client facing role
- Flexible with working hours and ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Familiarity with forensic principles and technologies
- A keen interest in forensic practices and protocols
- Familiarity with personal computer and server hardware, operating systems, and software
- Experience working in a computer forensics, e-Discovery or technology related role or university project
- Knowledge of forensic imaging and analysis tools such as Encase, Cellebrite or X-Ways
- A good understanding of transact SQL and relational databases
- Knowledge of data manipulation, data conversion, and data analysis activities in a SQL database and MS Access
- Familiarity with email server software (Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Notes)
- Knowledge of programming or scripting (Python, Java, C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell)
How You'll Grow
Consultants will experience a broad range of clients, technologies, business problems, bespoke solutions and working environments. Throughout the role, Consultants will have opportunities to manage sections of projects, develop custom solutions and build client relationships.
You will work with your Performance Coach on a development and training plan to ensure experience across the digital forensic lifecycle to support you in understanding the procedures utilized at FTI.
You may also have the opportunity to travel as part of projects or secondments, most commonly to our clients’ offices in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits.
We offer a competitive benefits and wellbeing programme including private medical insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, income protection, flex critical illness cover, 5% employer pension contribution, holiday buy, discounted gym membership, interest free travel loans, paid volunteer hours and corporate matching for charitable donations, and much more.
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.