Staff QAQC Engineer Wallingford 2023
Do you want to join our Geo-data revolution? Fugro’s global reach and unique know-how will put the world at your fingertips. Our love of exploration and technical expertise help us to provide our clients with invaluable insights. We source and make sense of the most relevant Geo-data for their needs, so they can design, build and operate their assets more safely, sustainably and efficiently. But we’re always looking for new talent to take the next step with us. For bright minds who enjoy meaningful work and want to push our pioneering spirit further. For individuals who can take the initiative but work well within a team.
Fugro is now recruiting for a Staff QAQC (Quality Assurance / Quality Control) Engineer to join our Geotechnical Laboratory based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. The laboratory uses state of the art equipment to analyse soil and rock samples from our projects around the world. As Staff QAQC Engineer, your role will be to perform processing and Quality Assurance (QA) and/or Quality Control (QC) checks for all routine laboratory testing, including classification, total stress and effective stress tests performed to BS1377, ISO and ASTM standards. In addition, you will assist in the raw data input and reporting of advanced test methods. You will work as part of a team on projects from the renewable energy sector ensuring high quality results are delivered.
Who we’re looking for
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills;
- Competent use of email;
- Excellent IT skills particularly in creating, modifying and using MS excel spreadsheets with embedded macros;
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- A Degree in Geotechnical / Civil engineering or a relevant scientific or numerical subject;
- Relevant experience ideally in handling datasets;
- Experience in geotechnical laboratory testing.
What we offer
Fugro provides a positive work environment as well as projects that will satisfy the most curious minds. We also offer great opportunities to stretch and develop yourself. By giving you the freedom to grow faster, we think you’ll be able to do what you do best, better. Which should help us to find fresh ways to get to know the earth better. We encourage you to be yourself at Fugro. So bring your energy and enthusiasm, your keen eye and can-do attitude. But bring your questions and opinions too. Because to be the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, we need the strength in depth that comes from a diverse, driven team.
- Extensive career & training opportunities both nationally and internationally.
- Competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and the potential to work 2 days a week from home in accordance with your manager and corporate policies. (amend as required)
- Option to lease an electric car.
- Add any other local benefits
Our view on diversity, equity and inclusion
At Fugro, our people are our superpower. Their variety of viewpoints, experiences, knowledge and talents give us collective strength. Distinctive beliefs and diverse backgrounds are therefore welcome, but discrimination, harassment, inappropriate behaviour and unfair treatment are not. Everybody is to be well-supported and treated fairly. And everyone must be valued and have their voice heard. Crucially, we believe that getting this right brings a sense of belonging, of safety and acceptance, that makes us feel more connected to Fugro’s purpose ‘together create a safe and liveable world’ – and to each other.
What we’ll offer you
Benefits for this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 24 days annual leave, private medical insurance and a subsidised restaurant. Hybrid working options available.