Project Management Graduate Scheme
At Gist, we pride ourselves in transforming supply chains, with a proven track record spanning 50 years. Our vision is to be our customers’ first choice for logistics, innovation, excellence and partnership. Our customers include Starbucks, EAT, Marks and Spencer, Tesco, Morrisons and 2 Sisters Food Group.
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential and our Graduate schemes are designed to create our future business leaders. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist, just like our CEO, Martin Gwynn, who began on our Logistics Management Graduate Scheme. He was promoted to CEO at the age of 33 and continues to set the direction of the business today.
As a Project Management Graduate, you will complete a three year scheme based within our Business Solutions team at our Head Office in Basingstoke.
From the outset, you will assist in the delivery of projects, both at Head Office and at our operational sites and you will work with users and clients to help deliver our solutions.
The second year will see you playing an increasingly significant role in the delivery of projects throughout Gist's core warehouse and transport operations, under the guidance of an experienced Project Manager. You will take on management responsibility for smaller projects and work-streams, leading project checkpoints and facilitating solution workshops.
The final year of the scheme will see you take on end-to-end management responsibility and ownership of larger, cross-organisation projects, working with IT, implementation, Consulting, operations, suppliers and customer organisations.
By the end of the programme you will have developed into a Project Manager, leading your own projects and delivering solutions to the Gist operations.
Throughout your time with Gist you will receive training and development in order to set you up for success. The programmes are designed to equip you with the knowledge, best practice, skills and techniques to develop your capabilities. This will be delivered in conjunction with your regular progress meetings to ensure you are working towards a career plan that meets your needs and aspirations.
- Alongside the development opportunities that involvement in live projects provides, you will receive formal training leading to industry-accredited qualifications in Project Management and Business Systems Analysis.
- We offer management training including leadership and communications training.
- You will be allocated a buddy a few months ahead of you joining to help you get settled into life at Gist and the site. You will also be allocated a mentor who will be a senior manager in our business and will be there to offer support and guidance on your career within Gist.
- With over one fifth of our senior management team coming from our graduate programmes, our schemes have been setting graduates up for success for a number of years.
We are looking for driven and engaging graduates to join us.
- You aim to be a senior leader in our business and constantly look to develop yourself on that journey.
- You will thrive in a fast paced and challenging business which will see you succeed when pushed out of your comfort zone.
- You are a credible, engaging and driven individual.
- You proactively look to transform, adapt and improve things around you. You want to exceed expectations
- Change isn’t a scary word for you. You thrive on new challenges, new people and pick things up quickly and effectively.
- People are your focus and you roll your sleeves up when a team needs to come together.
What do we offer you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
- You will receive a starting salary of £26,500 (increasing every year of the programme)
- All of our graduates receive structured on-site and central training in people management and best operational practice, as well as regular performance reviews to ensure you are receiving the right support and opportunities.
- We know that moving could be worrying and stressful– we give you time to find the right place and pay for up to two weeks in a hotel near your new site
- Whether it’s personal or professional, the Employee Assistance Helpline offers counselling, financial and legal advice as well as an online health portal
- The opportunity to take a four week charity placement
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary performance-related bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Gist 4 Me—offering great discounts across retail and leisure outlets
How do you apply?
We are keen to ensure our selection process gives you a clear insight into our business, but most importantly offers you a good understanding of the Graduate scheme and what it is like to be a Gist Graduate.
- Head to www.gistworld.com/careers and complete our online application form.
- If successful you will then complete a 20 minute video interview where we will get to know you, understand why you’re interested in Gist and hear about why you’d be a great fit for us.
- Following a successful telephone interview, you will be invited to on an assessment centre at our Head Office. Throughout this day, you’ll show us why you could be a future leader in our business.
Please be aware that in order to be successful you need to be available for an assessment centre on Thursday 6th December 2018 and able to start in September 2019.
For more information on the application process and key dates for assessment centres, read this.
If you have any queries, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org