Associate Clinical Development Scientist
We’re 100% open to ALL people
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality, learning difference or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and also because it’s the right thing to do.
Education required: To apply for this placement, you must be:
Currently studying an any Undergraduate Degree in a Science degree.
Other requirements: You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You must be enrolled at a UK (United Kingdom) or ROI (Republic of Ireland) university for the duration of your placement.
If you have already graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree and are currently studying a postgraduate Masters, you are not eligible for this programme.
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Expected Start date: September 2024
Duration: 1 year (approximately)
Salary: A salary of £23,400 plus a bonus
Application Closing: Wednesday 29th November 2023 (this is the date we anticipate the job will be removed from the website and no longer taking new applications).
Please note these dates are subject to change as we may close this vacancy when we have enough applications. We recommend that you apply and complete all stages of your application as soon as you can, so we can consider your application.
Are you looking to gain valuable real world work experience and help positively impact the lives of others?
A GSK internship offers you the opportunity to kickstart your career – to take on a real role with genuine impact. You’ll take on challenging tasks within live projects or assignments. You’ll also get to learn from others in your team and other parts of GSK whilst developing your skills and gaining valuable experience for wherever the future takes you.
Our approach to R&D focuses on science related to the prevention and treatment of disease with vaccines, specialty and general medicines. We focus on science of the immune system, human genetics and advanced technologies to impact health at scale. Our pipeline currently comprises of more than 60 vaccines and medicines across four core therapeutic areas including oncology, infectious diseases, immunology / respiratory and HIV. Find out more: Our approach to R&D
Data - Associate Clinical Development Scientist
As R&D efforts follow science without constraint, we need to take full advantage of our internal data and expertise, as well as leverage external services and technology, to inform, optimize and validate our clinical trial protocols and study delivery plans. This includes the management of a robust site feasibility process.
As such we are seeking to appoint a Associate Clinical Development Scientist to help create data driven, high quality insights and modelling to support clinical operations project and study team members:
- Assist the Clinical Operations Lead in using internal and industry data sources, along with data analytics, to generate insights used for the planning of clinical trials
- Assist with the site feasibility process
- Assist the Clinical Operations Lead in providing timely, high-quality deliverables (e.g. recruitment plans, feasibility report and budget) to clinical trial teams to support the clinical trial planning.
- May support the assessment, piloting and embedding of new data analytics and data sources to ensure GSK continues to access best in class solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in Feasibility and Clinical Operations Planning processes
What do we offer you?
- A salary of £23,400 plus a bonus
- Access to GSK resources, including employee assistance programmes, private healthcare and well-being programs.
- On-the-job experience, training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching and mentoring
- A GSK placement which gives you the opportunity to take on a real role with genuine impact
- You will join IPUnite, GSK’s community of over 250 students across all UK sites and business areas, run by the Industrial Placement students committee
- Once you accept your offer you will be invited to join LinkedIn groups and pre-joining webinars, to enable you to connect and network with new students
Let’s do this!
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
Completion of your Full Application: Sunday 3rd December 2023 (this is the anticipated date you will need to complete stages 1 to 3 below).
Proposed Assessment / Interview Dates: from January 2024
We will close this vacancy when we have enough applications, so we recommend that you apply as soon as you can so your application can be considered.
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2024:
- Eligibility Form
- World of GSK Online Assessment
- Written Assessment
- Virtual Assessment Centre or Virtual Interview
Need help with your application?
Please email us at UK.InternRecruitment@gsk.com or call us on 01582 692870 and let us know how we can help you.
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on Ukdiversity.email@example.com or 0808 234 4391. Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
We’re moving towards a more sustainable future with our new headquarters. With better public transport links and proximity to world-class science and technology institutions, we’re excited for our move to the vicinity of Earnshaw Street, London WC1A (“the New HQ”) by end H1 2024.