Automation Engineer Industrial Placement 2022
An opportunity exists for a candidate with a strong Automation/Control or Electrical Engineering background to work alongside the Automation team. This role will provide an opportunity to:
- Help the site team with automation capital project delivery for new equipment and digital systems.
- Provide business system support to front line teams for new systems.
- Upgrade existing platforms and help deliver cyber security upgrades.
- Work with digital technology teams to deliver machine integration to cloud data analytics platforms, which support machine learning and AI projects.
- Develop skills with automation systems including DCS and SCADA based equipment using Siemens S7/PCS7. OPC systems based on Kepware, data systems based on Azure and MES systems based on Aspentech.
You will be applying the skills you already have learnt at university and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management. You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-disciplined engineers. They will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
- Strong people skills
- Passion for innovative automation solutions and their use in real world applications
- Awareness of pharmaceutical production processes and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) and Good Laboratory Practice
- Time management and organisational skills
- An awareness of industrial networks
- Good Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Able to demonstrate qualities aligned with GSK Values and Expectations.
Our Barnard Castle site
The Barnard Castle site is in the North East of England and is sited within the County Durham countryside. Barnard Castle is a key secondary manufacturing site for GSK with a large number of New Products coming through development at site. We manufacture and supply a large range of different pharmaceutical products from Sterile Products (Syringes and Vials) to Liquid Inhalations and Dermatologicals.
This role will provide you with an opportunity to work alongside an experienced automation engineering team and digital technology teams to deliver capital projects within a highly regulated environment.
Must be studying an undergraduate degree in Controls, Automation, Computer Systems or Science, Electrical, Electronic Engineering or related subject
You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
- A salary of £21,000, plus a bonus
- Access to GSK resources such as employee assistance programmes, private healthcare, and training and development.
We have changed the way we recruit in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, you can learn more about how our practices have adapted here.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
You can learn more about Inclusion and diversity at GSK here.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at email@example.com and let us know how we can help you. Or email us your number and we’ll call you back. We’ll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we’ll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.