Direct Entry Graduate Scheme 2021
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
Our Barnard Castle facility is a key drug product manufacturing site within the GSK network, and one of GSKs flagship New Product Introduction sites, bringing ground-breaking medicines to people all over the world at the right quality and the right price. At Barnard Castle, we proudly manufacture 38 different medicines in over 1500 pack variations to treat HIV, cancer, infectious diseases, migraines, psoriasis, dermatitis, asthma, cold sores and acne, to name just a few, which we supply to over 130 markets around the world.
The Barnard Castle Direct Entry Graduate Scheme is a three-year development scheme for university leavers in a variety of disciplines, based at our Barnard Castle site. This three-year journey involves 12-month rotations to give you wide experience within distinct roles and working environments within your discipline. Throughout the scheme, you will have opportunities to meet with other graduates at the site and other ‘Early Talent’ members, such as apprentices and industrial placement students. You will be guided by GSK’s personal development programme and have support at the Barnard Castle site to guide your development needs.
You’ll have the benefit of improving your technical skills while gaining valuable leadership training through a combination of mentoring, classroom sessions and on-the-job training. This experience will equip you to become a leader of the future and will provide you with a solid foundation for a variety of careers at the Barnard Castle site.
As part of the Quality function you will be part of a vibrant global manufacturing community, working in teams that combine a mix of disciplines to help deliver medicines and products to our patients and customers. Over your rotations could you be working in Audit & Assurance, supporting external audits with the FDA, leading process validation or supporting the batch release of critical medicines.
As part of the Steriles Supply team you will be part of a vibrant global manufacturing community, working in teams that combine a mix of disciplines and enhancing your development throughout. Over your rotations you will gain a thorough understanding of the controls and challenges of sterile product manufacture and help the site to deliver exciting new products, including new biopharmaceutical medicines to our patients and customers.
What do we look for in a candidate?
- The ability to work well with others and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Eagerness to work with others and learn how to lead and motivate your team
- A genuine passion for the healthcare industry
- A self-motivated and proactive approach
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Technical strength: an analytical mind and processes driven
- Resilience, ability to adapt to change and keep focused under pressure
- Willingness to acquire knowledge and embrace new experiences
- Keen interest in manufacturing, quality and supply of medicines
- Passionate about science/technology/engineering/informatics as well as people management and teamwork
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Right to work in UK
- Degree in Life Sciences/Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Engineering/Business Management or related.
- Degree in Biological Sciences/Chemistry/Analytical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Sciences/Microbiology or related.
How to apply?
Our recruitment process includes an online application form, online assessment and assessment centre. Before submitting your application, please ensure that you meet the essential criteria for the programme that you are applying to. Start dates for successful candidates are expected to be September 2021.