Finance Future Leaders Programme 2021
Want to solve some of the world’s biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Finance
Are you a self-motivated, adaptable graduate with an interest in finance? Finance supports everything we do here at GSK and, if you join us, you’ll use numbers to make a difference. We offer an independent viewpoint, driving decision-making and strategy across our organisation. We also maximise profitability by managing cost, cash and return on investment.
This is your opportunity to be part of a team that prides itself on delivering excellence. You’ll be a trusted advisor to our peers and colleagues, driving continuous innovation and improvement – and enjoy a challenging and varied career, with numerous opportunities.
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our future leaders.
Over three years, you’ll have three rotations that will challenge and stretch you. The first rotation will be in Finance services, where our global finance processes are run. You’ll learn and embed the core technical finance and systems knowledge you need to move forward.
In your second rotation, you’ll be in a Finance partner role. This could be anything from commercial to manufacturing or R&D. Wherever you are, you’ll build upon your technical knowledge and gain new business knowledge. It will be up to you to give robust, insightful analysis that helps the department achieve their objectives.
Your third rotation will be corporate or strategic. You’ll have a regional or global view, in any one of a number of areas. You’ll broaden your perspective and enterprise mindset – and expand on your growing technical and business knowledge.
As well as honing your expertise, you’ll gain valuable leadership training through a combination of mentoring, classroom sessions and on-the-job training.
What will you do?
- Carry out reporting and cost centre reviews
- Analyse and interpret data to identify and understand trends
- Produce meaningful suggestions that offer insight and help stakeholders make effective decisions
- Ensure appropriate compliance and governance procedures are in place and followed
- Be involved in process improvement and/or transformation projects, often involving cross-functional teams
- Build relationships and work with people within and outside of the Finance function
Tailored training – and great career progression
We’ll tailor your training and development to suit your talents and ambition, as well as our business needs, setting you up for success in your chosen niche. After you complete our programme, you’ll have the skills to become a senior finance professional.
You’ll typically move into a middle management role within two years of the Future Leaders programme. And that’s just the start. There’s no typical route to career progression at our organisation – you might be in any department from R&D to manufacturing or audit. Plus, there’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Using your finance knowledge to drive business decisions that will add value to the patients to be able to do more, feel better and live longer
- An opportunity to achieve an internationally recognised professional qualification (CIMA) while practicing learned knowledge in your daily work
- Honing your finance skills and ability to tailor your development interventions.
- Working in a multicultural environment in a leading global healthcare organisation
- Inspiring a team to achieve unprecedented success
- to be a talented, ambitious graduate with an interest in finance
- to be self-motivated and proactive with a questioning, analytical mind
- excellent communication skills
- the ability to multitask and perform under pressure
- to be skilled at building strong relationships with stakeholders
- to be adaptable and cope with change
BS or MS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration with Finance concentration or related field of study. Graduation by summer 2021.
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Start date: August/September 2021
- Required to relocate and travel internationally as well as domestically for the role. Some UK FLPs will be required to complete a 10-11 months rotation in our Regional Finance Operations Hub in Poznan, Poland during first year in programme
- You must complete the globally recognized CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants) Professional Qualification within 3 years of starting the programme (qualification funded by GSK).
* Please note you can apply to only one Future Leader Programme in the UK
We accept ongoing applications and will close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible.
- Sponsored CIMA qualification to a professional qualification (duration of 3 years)
- A salary of £30,000
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
We’ll close this vacancy once we have enough applications, so it’s best to apply as soon as possible. You’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us.