Formulation Scientist Industrial Placement 2021
The placement is within a vibrant modern Dispensary whose prime purpose is to provide formulations for a multitude of discovery and safety studies. The role also involves aspects of formulation development, test article and formulation characterisation (including solubility and stability testing) and analysis (hplc), as well as providing a key function for overseeing externally contracted work and assessing excipient and vehicle toxicity. The facility is a purpose-built modern laboratory adhering to clear standards for quality (GLP) and safety.
As a key member of the Dispensary team, you will receive full training in all aspects of the role which will include test article formulation, analysis and characterisation as well as maintaining the quality and compliance of the laboratory. The student will be expected to apply their knowledge, learn key new skills and work cohesively with the team to deliver on the Dispensary workload. In addition, the student will be expected to conduct a comprehensive project (with supervision) which investigates key aspects of a current formulation and/or analytical challenge and in so doing define a new process/model.
The student will learn a host of new formulation and analytical skills, standards for quality and safety and all aspects of working in a busy laboratory / office within a fast changing R&D environment. This placement is a unique opportunity to turn academic skills into technical ability within the workplace and the opportunity to work alongside a range of different scientific disciplines in a large pharmaceutical company.
- You must be studying an undergraduate degree in Chemistry preferably with aspects of Biology e.g. Biochemistry, Chemistry with Drug Design, Forensic Science, Pharmacology, Pharmacy, Biomedical Science, Natural Sciences, Pharmaceutical Sciences
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
- The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in January/February 2021.
- We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
- Applications will closed when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre