Strategy and Excellence Associate Industrial Placement 2021
GSK Consumer Healthcare develops and markets a range of consumer healthcare products, across the categories of Oral Health, Pain Relief, Respiratory & Skin Health, and Wellness.
In this exciting role you will have the unique opportunity to work with Leadership teams at the highest level within the R&D organisation. The Strategy and Excellence team has a broad remit including managing the Transformation programme, the Separation agenda (as GSK Consumer Healthcare is demerging from the wider GSK) and our integration merger activities as we onboard Pfizer into one GSK Consumer Healthcare Company. The team also manages strategic risk and capabilities as well as acting as a “chief of staff” support to the Senior Vice President of R&D and the leadership team.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be involved in the creation and implementation of strategic plans and support the drive on key deliverables for the R&D organisation. Your support will be essential in ensuring our leadership team and R&D community (currently circa 1400 employees world wide) is aligned and focused; executing the improvement changes needed to support delivery our growth target aspirations. The role will give you a rare opportunity to see and contribute to business operations at a corporate level.
- Support the Strategy and Excellence key areas of focus (Transformation, Separation, Integration, Capabilities and Risk Management. Support the maintenance of progress tracking, key R&D metric reporting and communication mechanisms.
- Work with the Chief of Staff to facilitate key meetings and communication events for the R&D leadership team
- Work with the Chief of staff to maintain and improve the governance of the senior R&D leadership forum. Assist in maintaining the overall Global R&D calendar as well as the schedule for key deliverables for the R&D organisation. Assist with managing the agenda, follow-up action tracking and materials for all RDLT leadership meetings and connections and ensure that these synchronise with the wider organisation.
- Support the head of Strategy and Excellence on the key focus areas to ensure that there are clear metrics and progress tracking and facilitation of key meetings
- Support the head of Strategy and Excellence to continuously improve our strategic improvement agenda, assisting in external benchmarking and partnership development.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Clear and confident communication in both oral and written form to a wide range of stakeholders and levels of seniority
- Demonstrate ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve and multi-task.
- Flair for creativity and innovation and a willingness to learn and adapt
- Exceptional organisation skills and attention to detail
- High level of computer literacy on key collaboration software (MS teams, Webex, Powerpoint, Excel etc)
- Deadline-driven, flexible, with self-reliance to work in an empowered and demanding environment
- Entrepreneurial with a good level of business acumen
- Must be studying an undergraduate degree in Business
- You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.
The Assessment Centre for successful applicants is expected to take place in early February 2021.
We recruit on an on-going basis and prioritise applications based on the application date.
Applications will close when we have filled our assessment centre dates.
If you have what we’re looking for apply today!
This opportunity has the following recruitment stages you must successfully pass to be offered a placement year with GSK for 2021!
- Eligibility Form
- Online Assessment
- Application Form
- Assessment Centre