Data Centre Facilities Technician Intern 2021
Behind Google’s simple search box is one of the most complex technology infrastructures in the world. And behind that infrastructure is a diverse group of Googler's who design, build and keep the lights on for our users.
Our Data Center Engineering team takes the physical design of our data centers into the future, and our technicians, engineers, and support teams bring ideas to life. The teams use creative approaches to reduce operational costs and to extend traditional practices to meet our goal of making our data centers the most energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable in the world.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work to improve efficiency, sustainability, environmental impact, automation, human resource utilization, documentation and/or control.
- Manage and maintain water pumps and treatment systems, HVAC, UPS, generators, electrical distribution, and control monitoring systems.
- Respond to data center performance issues and outages, inspect, maintain and repair various data center systems.
- Support the team in developing and actioning on environmental, mechanical and electrical performance testing.
- Provide engineering expertise, guidance and technical assistance.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher education certification in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience or understanding of refrigeration cycle, thermodynamics, fluid systems, mechanical motion, electrical theory and/or controls.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new process, procedures and equipment.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.