Civil Engineer Graduate
As the GRAHAM business continues to grow and develop we are looking for enthusiastic Graduates to join our team.
Civil Engineering is one of the main divisions within GRAHAM Construction. Operating throughout the UK and Ireland, we pride ourselves in delivering value for money and innovative solutions for our clients.
We have recently been involved in some of the most prestigious projects across the UK and Ireland, including:
- Tennison Road Bridge Replacement for Network Rail
- The A138 Chelmer Viaduct for Highways England
- The iconic Samuel Beckett Bridge in Dublin
- Green Port Hull for Associated British Ports
- CPC Regeneration Project for Rolls Royce Nuclear facility in Derby
- A6 Randalstown to Castledawson Dualling for Transport NI
- IF019 Framework for NI Water
- Port of Tilbury
- Portrush Railway Station
As a forward thinking organisation, we are actively involved in new energy markets such as wind, energy from waste, biomass and hydro, as well as the nuclear decommissioning market.
Civil engineers are creative people who solve problems. They come up with ideas and then turn them into real things for people around the world to use.
A Civil Engineer will
• Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
• Undertake Surveying and setting out duties.
• Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
• Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
• Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
• Undertake the testing and calibration of instruments used.
• Fully interact with other members of the construction site team.
• Introduce improvements and innovation where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
We offer a two year programme which focuses on developing your technical and interpersonal skills. In addition, a structured, mentored training programme, aligned to a recognised professional qualification, will set you on the pathway to chartership. Through early responsibility you’ll learn quickly on challenging projects with the opportunity for fast track career advancement.
- Studying an ICE accredited Civil Engineering Degree.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Strong IT skills.
- Willing to work throughout the UK.
- An appreciation of Health & Safety practices.
- Previous industry experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Right to Work in the UK. • Full UK Driving Licence.