Grey Wolf Therapeutics is a UK-based drug discovery biotechnology company focused on immuno-oncology and founded by experienced industry professionals Tom McCarthy (Executive Chairman), former President and CEO of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals and Peter Joyce (CEO), formerly Project Leader at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
Who is this role perfect for?
This opportunity is perfect for someone with an interest in science and particularly the BioTech / pharmaceutical space, but has an entrepreneurial spirit, wants to experience a 'start-up culture, and wants more exposure to the project management/business side of R&D than being in the lab.
Reports to: Project Manager, Grey Wolf Therapeutics Limited (GWT)
Main job purpose:
This person will be required to work closely with and provide 1:1 support to the Project Manager of GWT and be part of the broader GWT operations group. This role will directly contribute to the GWT research and development (R&D) program. In addition, it will also directly support the corporate, financial and operational aspects of the business. This role will be involved in those initiatives as directed by GWT’s Project Manager.
In return, you will have the opportunity to learn about and get involved in all aspects of running successful biotechs and work with an experienced team of drug discovery experts in the immune-oncology space (both from an R&D and operational perspective). Focusing on a wide-variety of activities and projects, you will be supported in delivering significant contributions to the company and will have clear visibility into the impact and outcomes your work delivers. This role would be well suited to someone who has an understanding of the small molecule drug discovery landscape and who is eager to get involved in a start-up environment.
Main role responsibilities:
- Support the Project Manager with R&D and operational responsibilities connected to GWT’s programs, suppliers and projects (75% of this role’s time)
- Work with GWT’s Chief Operational Officer and the wider Operations team on operational tasks (25% of this role’s time)
- Play an active role in liaison and project coordination of various R&D collaborator, contractor and suppliers throughout the lifecycle of studies
- Assist in managing contracts for various R&D collaborator, contractor and supplier studies
- Assisting with financial and budget tracking across the R&D program, including entry into accounting software
- Support the retrieval & analysis of scientific data from R&D contractors
- Assist in putting together tracking and monitoring processes for the R&D program, particularly in relation to sample and compound inventory.
- Assist the Project Manager with maintaining relevant company & project documentation and filing in an accessible and organized manner on company shared drives
- Assist the Project Manager in maintenance of an external due diligence data room
- Helping to run and execute on specific operational projects and processes
- Having the opportunity to put forward ideas and play a key role in propelling forward operational innovation and excellence
- Helping prepare team presentations and scientific posters across both the scientific and operational sides of the business
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the internal and external company network to facilitate contractor / academic relationship management
- Strong academic background; must have a 2.1 degree in a scientific discipline
- Passion for developing medicines that could make a positive impact on patients lives
- Desirable - 1-2 years experience in a scientific organisation
- Passion for a career in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry
- Entrepreneurial and start-up spirit and willingness to be agile and get involved in everything across the business
- Enjoys running projects from start to finish
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A calm and professional manner
- Experience in using G-Suite & G-Mail & advanced knowledge of the latest Microsoft software, specifically PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to have a flexible approach to working hours to cross over with Australian Eastern Standard time for 1-2hrs (2 to 3 times a week)
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre.
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview