Executive Assistant & Biotech Associate
Grey Wolf Therapeutics is a UK-based drug discovery biotechnology company focused on immuno-oncology and founded by experienced industry professionals Tom McCarthy (Executive Chairman), former President and CEO of Spinifex Pharmaceuticals and Peter Joyce (CEO), formerly Project Leader at Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
ThirtyFiveBio are a new company founded in 2021
Who is this role perfect for?
These opportunities are perfect for someone with an interest in science and particularly the BioTech / pharmaceutical space, but has an entrepreneurial spirit, wants to experience a 'start-up culture, and wants more exposure to the business side of a BioTech than being in the lab. You will be highly organised and efficient, and comfortable communicating with C-level executives.
You will work directly with the CEO of Grey Wolf or ThirtyFiveBio, learning what it is that makes a BioTech successful and gaining insights across the business and its operations.
Main job purpose:
This person will be required to work closely with and provide 1:1 support to the CEO & Co-Founder of Grey Wolf / CEO of ThirtyFiveBio, and be part of the broader operations group. This role will directly contribute to the businesses' success as we transition from a preclinical to a clinical stage company.
By working closely with the CEO you will have the opportunity to learn about and get involved in all aspects of running a successful biotech, both from an R&D and operational perspective. The role will include a wide-variety of activities across the company, as well as assisting in interactions with additional companies in the group. This role will be a blend of managing the CEO’s day-to-day activities (e.g. diary, travel, email inbox) to working with the CEO to execute across the corporate, R&D and operational activities of the business. This is a perfect role for someone who is eager to get involved in a start-up environment.
Main role responsibilities:
- Full diary management for the CEO – core activities but also interfacing with additional companies where the CEO is an adviser. Activities include inbox maintenance, and compiling and preparing emails directly from his inbox.
- Responsible for booking and arranging international and national travel and accommodation for the CEO, including collating and filing expenses
- Acting as a first point of contact for the CEO, including dealing with correspondence.
- Maintain the CEO’s action list and ensure tasks are completed according to deadlines
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the internal and external company network to facilitate contractor / academic relationship management
- Assist the CEO with maintaining relevant company & project documentation and plans in an accessible and organized manner on company shared drives
- Meeting and travel arrangement for the internal team, both in R&D and operations
- Liaising with employees, suppliers and contractors/collaborators as directed by the CEO, R&D and operational teams
- Conducting and reporting literature searches using a suite of industry recognised tools and maintaining the online library of journal articles and patents
- Support the retrieval & analysis of scientific data from R&D collaborators
- Interpretation and presentation of scientific data to generate output reports using PowerPoint/Excel
- Helping prepare outputs from scientific and business-related conferences as required
- Helping prepare team presentations across both the scientific and operational sides of the business
- Learn to gather and track competitive intelligence and business development activities across the biotech / pharma community and contribute the collection of this type of information with the business development and operational members of the team.
- Interface with the Operations Manager and assist with operational tasks as required
- Strong academic background, must have a 2.1 degree in a scientific discipline (BSc or Hons in biological science preferred)
- Passion for developing medicines that could make a positive impact on patients lives
- Desirable - someone who has worked in a scientific organisation or CRO (Contract Resource Organisation) for 1-2yrs
- Passion for a career in the BioTech / pharmaceutical industry
- Entrepreneurial and start-up spirit and willingness to be agile and get involved in everything across the business
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- A calm and professional manner
- Comfortable with rapid decision making and appropriate adjustment in priorities
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- The ability to use your own initiative and be curious
- Enjoys working as part of a team to achieve a common goal with a can-do attitude but also an ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Desire to be challenged & undertake projects/tasks that might be outside of day to day remit
- Tact and discretion for dealing with confidential information
- Ability to research and find information for the company
- Experience across in using G-Suite & G-Mail & advanced knowledge of the latest Microsoft software, specifically PowerPoint & Excel
The shortlist will be filled on a rolling basis and applications may close earlier than advertised, so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please email us here if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to assist you in your application or with any part of the recruitment process. These may include online tests, video interviews, short phone calls and an assessment centre.
For more information and guidance please visit: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/ask-for-adjustments-at-interview