Junior Software Engineer 2024
Hadean is an award-winning, record-breaking technology enabler.
Our transformational software is changing the ways we plan, build, learn, work and live.
Through immersive virtual systems, unprecedented connectivity and near unlimited scalability we empower our partners to obtain critical, data-driven insights that enhance operational performance and increase their capabilities to drive productivity in ways that were not possible before.
We are bold in our approach and aren't afraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Hadean’s solutions have helped organisations including Microsoft, The British Army, Minecraft, The MoD, Sony, the Francis Crick Institute and more to achieve groundbreaking performances that have revolutionised their operations.
We are seeking a bright and motivated Junior Software Engineer to join our team. You will join us on our mission to provide the infrastructure and computational power required to realise the full potential of multi-domain training simulators. Working in our team of talented Software Engineers, Product and Delivery Managers you’ll gain insights into our customers' requirements, then leverage that understanding to design, develop, and maintain new features within our cutting-edge, cloud-native software stack.
- Collaborate with Product and Delivery Managers to refine and design new features
- Implement new features in our simulation platform, primarily in C++
- Identify and resolve defects across our technology stack
- Participate in peer code and design review
- Work within our team to ensure successful delivery of projects
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Experience with C++
- (Desirable) Knowledge of real-time simulator or game engine architecture
- (Desirable) Experience developing distributed, cloud deployed applications
We make Hadean an awesome place to work with competitive benefits…
- The option to work from home or from our fantastic office in Shoreditch, London
- Private Health Insurance
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Enhanced parental leave
- 3 extra days off at Christmas (on top of our standard 25)
- L&D budget
- Quarterly business reviews with team dinners and events (including global virtual social events)
- Regularly scheduled socials
- Share options
- Quarterly awards with cash prizes
A Place For Everyone
We believe diversity drives innovation and for that reason we strongly encourage those from all backgrounds to apply for roles at Hadean. We are an equal opportunity employer and aim to build a workforce that is truly representative of the communities in which we operate and our clients.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please speak with the People team who will be happy to support you. If you have a preferred pronoun, please feel free to highlight this during the process (e.g. she/her, he/him, they/them, etc.).