EHS/Engineering (Chem Eng) Industrial Placement Maidenhead July 2024
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer healthcare company. Shaped by all of us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for millions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re building together. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity. An exciting challenge. And a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity. And want to help us achieve this goal. Right now we’re looking for placement students in Chemical Engineering with EHS & Engineering to join us to do career defining work.
A career in Chemical Engineering where none of us stand still
A Chemical Engineering placement in our manufacturing site will give you hands on practical application of the theory from university. Our Maidenhead site makes toothpaste and other oral care products
During your 12 months with us, you’ll gain experience in areas such as:
- Process improvement activities to ensure good manufacturing practice
- Safety and/or quality risk assessments
- Sustainability initiatives
- Plant commissioning/design (change management and validation)
- Project management and planning
- Leading root cause analysis investigations.
- A range of manufacturing and filling and packing processes
Throughout this role, you will be applying the skills you already have and developing new skills such as; team working, effective communication and time management.
You will work with and learn from an experienced team of multi-disciplined engineers. They will coach and mentor you during your year to help you achieve your potential.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
During your placement you will be responsible for: Owning and being involved in improvement projects that improve health and safety, reduce defects or increase plant efficiency. Working with suppliers and contractors to install and commission new equipment. Identifying and working on process improvement work and new product or process projects as well as investigating deviations, writing technical reports and assisting in analysing & visualising data from our manufacturing processes
You’ll be excited by the thought of
- Playing a key role with real responsibility in a factory manufacturing around 1 million units of toothpaste and mouthwash per day!
- Owning and delivering projects throughout their full lifecycle, working with experienced teams to deliver improvements across many areas of the facility
- Participating in PHIRA studies (e.g. HAZOP) and seeing improvements to plant implemented
- Understanding the processes used in the manufacture of high volume consumer products
- You will be a core team member support our business and implementing projects
- You will experience variability in your role which will give you a wide range of experience of all aspects of business surrounding your technical discipline
What we offer
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include: (Local recruiters to update)
- A salary of £22,500
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
Who you are
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- Creative and problem-solving thinking
- Strategic/big-picture thinking
- Entrepreneurial and agile mindset
- Strong prioritisation and analytical skills
- Personal accountability
- Business and consumer/customer knowledge and understanding
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
- A passion for Chemical engineering in a consumer healthcare manufacturing environment
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Drive to get things done
- Team player
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Excel / Data skills
- Able to demonstrate qualities aligned with Haleon
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity
Education required: Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above) in an IChemE accredited undergraduate degree. You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You will be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year.