Global Social Media & Search Insight Analyst Industrial Placement Weybridge July 2024
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer health company. Shaped by all who join us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for billions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re in control of. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
This role is within the Consumer & Business Insights & Analytics (CBIA) Marketing Effectiveness and Innovation team. Our team is tasked with ensuring Haleon has access to the best in class marketing effectiveness platforms and products, combining consumer insight with advanced analytics to drive deep human understanding, repeatable growth and a step change in marketing effectiveness. In this role you will have a chance to support some of our key platforms – our Brand Performance System and our Trend Spotter platform – to help us find opportunities for growth. Your key day-to-day focus will be helping us to harness the power of social media and search data for business insights, but there will be plenty of opportunity to get involved in other elements of what we do.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
This role will have exposure to various workstreams across the business, as we work closely with the category and business unit teams to answer pressing marketing communications and innovations questions. Some of the responsibilities you can expect include:
- Mining social and search and other data sources for our Trend Spotter approach to create insights reports that answer questions from our global category, front-end innovation, and business unit marketing colleagues
- Manage good working relationships with the agencies we work with on these components
- Partner with CBIA colleagues in other workstreams to identify patterns of need and questions to answer
- Discover new ways of working with these tools and help build capabilities of our broader CBIA organisation in utilising these components
- Share and present findings to key stakeholder groups
- Work closely with colleagues owning other products and components to find new ways to integrate and leverage search and social data into how we might best answer business questions
- Connect with communities of practice outside of Haleon to share best practice in use of social media and search data from other companies
- Building case studies for best-in-class use of social and search insights in the business
There will also be the opportunity to get involved in other workstreams, new projects and product builds as new needs are surfaced in the organization. You will become an expert in the use of search and social media data against key business needs and we will look to you to provide advice and recommendations about how we might use that data and insight
What we offer
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include:
- A salary of £22,500
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
Who you are
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- You are interested in learning about different cultures and what makes people tick
- Curiosity and a will to try new things
- Strong oral and written communication
- Not afraid of digging into numbers and trying to find out ‘why’
- Ability to build relationships and partner with others
- Organised and good project management skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with using data and/or SaaS platforms from either search or social intelligence
- Ability to tell a story and turn nuggets of information into insights
- Experience with Microsoft applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity
Must be on track for a 2.1 (or above). You will have completed a minimum of 2 years of your undergraduate degree, but will not have graduated at the start of your placement. You may be expected to provide evidence from your university to show you will be an undergraduate student for the duration of the placement year and they are supportive of your placement.
- July 2024