R&D Sensory Science (Oral Health R&D) Industrial Placement Weybridge July 2024
Hello. We’re Haleon. A new world-leading consumer healthcare company. Shaped by all of us. Together, we’re improving everyday health for millions of people. By growing and innovating our global portfolio of category-leading brands – including Sensodyne, Panadol, Advil, Voltaren, Theraflu, Otrivin, and Centrum – through a unique combination of deep human understanding and trusted science. What’s more, we’re achieving it in a company that we’re building together. In an environment that we’re co-creating. And a culture that’s uniquely ours. Care to join us. It isn’t a question.
Future Talent roles at Haleon offer the chance to change the way people see and manage their everyday health. That’s an incredible opportunity. An exciting challenge. And a huge responsibility. We’re always looking for ambitious individuals who are inspired by our purpose to deliver better everyday health, with humanity. And want to help us achieve this goal. Right now we’re looking for Industrial placement students in R&D Consumer Science to join us to do career defining work.
A career in Consumer Science & Product Understanding where none of us stand still
This is an exciting time to join us and help shape the future. It’s an opportunity to be part of something special.
In this role you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of consumer science research projects across all stages of the new product innovation process, from early stage qualitative exploration research to iterative prototype testing to final prototype validation quantitative studies.
- Engage with people both internally and externally
- Work on a wide range of consumer research projects across the Oral Health category
- Ensure all studies are completed according to relevant SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and compliance requirements, including documenting all compliance requirements in the online study management system.
- Designing and executing consumer research studies, leveraging the appropriate methodologies (qualitative/quantitative/hybrid) to deliver the business objective of the research
Working with key stakeholders to get consumer studies approved. Managing the timelines and communications with research agencies on critical study steps such as release/shipment of test samples, recruitment of consumers, fieldwork etc.
What will your individual contribution at Haleon be?
- Have the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be well-organised, flexible thinking individual demonstrating strong problem-solving skills
- Passionate about product understanding, proactive at all times
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good ability to work with different teams from R&D to commercial
- Demonstrated ability to take a proactive approach and work on own initiative
What we offer
To recognise your dedication, energy and effort, benefits include:
- A salary of £22,500
- An annual bonus linked to performance
- Employee recognition through our global scheme which rewards exceptional achievements
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programmes
- Health and wellbeing programmes to take care of your physical and mental health
Who you are
We’re the people changing the future of everyday health. So you will be someone who has:
- Creative and problem-solving thinking
- Strategic/big-picture thinking
- Entrepreneurial and agile mindset
- Strong prioritisation and analytical skills
- Personal accountability
- Business and consumer/customer knowledge and understanding
- Adaptability and resilience in ambiguity
- A desire to learn and have meaningful impact
To enable you to perform in this future talent opportunity
- Currently studying an undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree) in Science (particular Food Science or Sensory & Consumer Science)
- Aiming for a First or 2:1 expected degree grade
- Right to Work in the UK during placement