Part 1 Architectural Assistants 2021
The purpose of the role is to provide general design and administrative support to the practice and the project team in the various stages of design whilst progressing the professional experience under the RIBA’s Professional Experience and Development Scheme.
Level of Qualification
Qualified to RIBA Part 1 or equivalent overseas-approved qualification.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drafting and amending concept, detail and technical designs and production information by CAD and/or by hand
- Prepare sketch, working or presentation models as required
- Assist in preparing presentation materials
- Assist with the integration of technical information and statutory requirements into design and production drawings, including assisting in the preparation of drawings for planning and building control approval, tender and construction purposes.
- Assist with the preparation of specifications and administration of project information
- Engage with team members.
- Ensure that personal training needs are met.
- Contribute to team goals and positive working environment
- Engage in the wider duties of the practice and assist in the maintenance of the office.
- Ensure studio standards are upheld
- Ensure studio and project administration is filled correctly and in the relevant place.
- Assist in signing in and out of studio laptops and digital cameras.
- Ensuring that whoever takes them returns them in working order and with all the necessary equipment and that it is signed for in the book.
- Prepare slides for Monday Morning meetings.
- Ad Hoc duties as and when required
Technical Skills required
- Awareness of building technologies, regulations and planning applications
- Awareness of technical standards, regulatory frameworks and health & safety requirements
- Understanding of duty of care arising from the relationships between client and architects and consultants, employer and employees
- Knowledge of CAD standards.
- Good aptitude for 2D / 3D CAD and DTP
- Attend in-house and external CPD activities.
- Attend site meetings and observe relevant internal and external meetings.
Personal Skills required
- Strong team player
- Good methodical and analytical skills
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure
These are the key tasks as currently defined. They are not listed in priority order. From time to time the key tasks may be varied and the post holder will be expected to take on such variations within the constraints of the position and the level of responsibility implied in it.