Data Analyst Shopper & Market Insights Newtownabbey 2024
At Henderson Group, we are proud to be Northern Ireland’s leading foodservice provider. Our group encompasses Henderson Wholesale, Henderson Retail, Henderson Foodservice and Henderson Group Property. We employ over 5,000 staff and have been placed 4th in Ulster Business Top 100 Companies 2023.
We're a family-owned team that cares about our people and the community in which we live. Our leaders care about employees and our employees succeed together and celebrate the success of others. We are interested in your aspirations, interests and skills and we strive to support and inspire you to do well.
A look into the role
Henderson Wholesale is a leading Wholesaler in Northern Ireland and supplies goods to over 450 stores across various brands such as SPAR, EUROSPAR and VIVO. We source from local farmers, growers and producers and are proud to contribute to our local economy and environment. We achieved Gold accreditation against the Investors in People standard framework in 2023 in recognition of people management excellence and our commitment to investment in people.
The purpose of the role
Our Customer Proposition team which consists of Format Development, Space Planning and Customer Insights play a key role in shaping our store offering to meet the needs of our customers.Reporting directly to the Shopper & Market Insight Manager, this role will play an integral part in helping identify opportunities and development strategies for future growth. This is an exciting time to join the team as we continue to evolve our stores – designing and building the best destination for local shoppers.
Working as Data Analyst- Shopper & Market Insights you will:
- Analyse internal and external data sources of information of varying types to support the creation of insight about our customers, competitors, and markets.
- Analyse and interpret sales and market data to identify and understand consumer shopping behaviour and trends
- Continually monitor industry sources to gather consumer insights
- Research competitors to benchmark and identify best practice through store visits and market research;
- Provide supporting market information to assist Category Development, Customer Proposition and Trading
- Provide supporting Qlik View information to assist the Proposition Assessment process.
- Quarterly analysis of HRL capex projects and provide detail around the areas of opportunity, identifying underlying trends across formats/stores and categories.
- Measure the impact of proposition tests and how they have delivered on improving sales, profitability and/or efficiency, suggesting corrective action as required.
- Periodical updating of analysis template for innovation projects in line with the timings and criteria within the innovation gate process and provide monthly packs for commercial review by senior management.
- Drive Business Transformation agenda within the Proposition team
- Build effective working relationships internally & externally.
Skills for success
Joining us as Data Analyst- Shopper & Market Insights the minimum criteria you’ll need is:
- 3rd level qualification or equivalent in Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, or a related subject
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working in a professional setting, including but not limited to office environments or related fields.
- Demonstrates experience or a keen interest in market research, to distinguish market trends and consumer behaviour.
The Attributes you’ll need include:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management with the ability to organise time and prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- Good problem-solving abilities to deliver solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of team dynamics, demonstrating the ability to work as an active and constructive member of a team.
It is Desirable if you have:
- Ideally minimum of 12 months experience in a data analysis OR An Insights role within a commercial FMCG/Retail/Wholesale/Foodservice environment
- Category Management Knowledge
- Strong financial understanding and business acumen
- Knowledge on the latest NI retail/market trends relevant to our sector
- Knowledge of marketing practice and principles (4P’s)
Are we right for you?
As part of this role, it will be important that you feel aligned with the values that we live and work by:
- Ambition – We always strive to be better. We seek new challenges and look for ways to do things better.
- Customer First – We provide exceptional service. We put customers at the heart of everything and support our communities.
- Teamwork – We succeed together. We help colleagues to succeed, and we share our knowledge and skills.
- Integrity – We are fair, honest and ethical. We treat everyone with dignity and respect. We are inclusive and champion diversity.
The impact you can make with Henderson Group goes far beyond your day to day. You will be part of a business supporting defibrillator installations and school sports days. In the last year Henderson group staff and retail stores raised over £1 million for charity partners.
You will have the balance necessary to enjoy your job and your life. We will help you to feel proud of what you do and achieve. And we will be here to celebrate your success.
Our business has been recognised externally for delivering excellence in employment. We value employee development and heavily invest in our people.
Benefits include market competitive salary, company car or allowance, bonus, contributory pension scheme, healthcare, life assurance, employee assistance programme, social club, Perks Offers/Discount scheme throughout UK/Ireland, staff discount (grocery/fuel) at SPAR/EUROSPAR Henderson Group company-owned stores and many more.
This is a full-time position working 36.5 hours per week. Working hours will be 8:45am-4:45pm Monday to Thursday and 8:45am-3:45pm Friday. Hybrid and flexible working arrangement available.