Industry HPC & AI Business Development Representative (German Speaking) 2023
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world.
Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
AI is a high-growth market for HPE, and we believe we are uniquely suited to bring our end-to-end technologies spanning compute technologies from Edge to Cloud, purpose-built AI software, interconnect, and services, to support our customers’ AI journey. This is an incredibly exciting time to join a dynamic and rapidly growing team where you can play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and enabling them to deliver their mission critical AI initiatives.
What you will do
- Targets accounts for sales lead generation efforts
- Actively plans and prospects into accounts via outreach, AI Discovery calls and opens initially qualified opportunities and delivers HPE AI Elevator pitch
- Coordinates account prospecting and targeting efforts
- Brainstorms, researches, and evaluates vertical industry segments for AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning business use cases and typical customer pain points
- Works closely with HPC/AI Sales Specialists and broader account teams in account targeting to improve sales velocity and sales pipeline growth
- Provides updates on all active accounts and reports on activities and progress on a weekly basis
- Drives proactive campaigns to build the sales pipeline, uses specialized knowledge and skills to prospect and qualify opportunities
- Develops a deep understanding of, and effectively articulates, the HPE
AI-at-Scale offerings and value propositions in the market
- Constantly focused on outbound prospecting/pipeline generation to ensure long-term success
- Achieves quarterly role metrics for pipeline generation activities
Education and experience required
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred
- German speaking & language skills, this role will be focused on Central Europe region
- Demonstrated prior success in pipeline and lead generation through prospecting customers
- Previous experience in Sales Development, Business Development or equivalent role with an AI/ML, Data Science, or related product
- Experience with prospecting to Enterprise accounts preferred
- Experience with the Challenger Sales Methodology and/or Outcome Based Selling significant plus
Skills & knowledge
- Ability to conduct discovery calls and initially qualify
- Ability to find prospect pain points
- Ability to connect and develop strong relationships
- Ability to present AI/ML-base solutions
- Desire to help build a world-class sales organisation – be a great team player!
- Willingness to take ownership and execute
- Capable of engaging in both technical and business conversations at multiple levels of the organisation, including with Director/VP level people in AI/Machine Learning/Deep Learning.
- Understands the role of AI/ML related personas and how the company's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Translate AI solution knowledge into prospect's added business value
- Uses specialty knowledge to actively prospect within accounts to discover or cultivate sales opportunities
- Good prioritisation skills to focus on the key prospecting targets
- Must possess a positive, can-do, self-starter mentality in a highly collaborative atmosphere
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
If you are confident, motivated, an effective communicator, resilient, good at partnering, innovating, and making things happen. You are aligned to our core values.
Join us and make your mark!
What we offer
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element! Want to know more about it?
Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.