Software Engineering Internship Galway 2024
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs.
We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
It is important to note that this is not a summer internship, and it is mandatory for you to be enrolled as a student for the entire duration of the internship.
GreenLake Cloud Platform is an internally developed innovative cloud-stack that powers HPE’s Cloud Solutions. The GreenLake Cloud Platform is a unified operational experience that provides a simplified view and access to all cloud services, spanning the entire HPE portfolio, with single sign-on access, security, compliance, elasticity, and data protection. The GreenLake Cloud Platform is the foundation to a rich set of cloud services in networking, data services, high performance computing and compute operations management.
The GreenLake Cloud Platform team offers an opportunity for a Software Engineering Intern to be part of a fast-paced development team and learn how to build solutions that make a difference. You will learn and collaborate with our innovative software engineers and their teams delivering the GreenLake Cloud Platform.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity.
What you'll do:
You will build and enhance your knowledge in software development methodologies, principles, practices, and the software development lifecycle. You will perform development activities within the team, including but not limited to:
- working as part of a team in an Agile environment
- writing code by using current programming languages and technologies
- receiving guidance from a senior member of the Engineering team who will help and guide you technically
- utilizing new trends in technologies, software development methodologies, and techniques
- Developing new features
- Identifying, fixing, and documenting bugs
- Participating in peer code reviews
- Contributing to team knowledge base
What you’ll need
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree program in Computer Science or a related field
- Exposure to software engineering methodologies and practices
- Exposure to Linux operating system and programming languages such as Java, C++, Golang, or Python
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we’d prefer you bring:
- Good time management and project management skills
- Confidence and self-motivation both when working independently and as part of a team
- Strong desire to excel and surpass expectations
- Enthusiasm, motivation, and willingness to learn
- Interest in taking initiative and genuine interest in the field
- Attention to detail, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Availability to work in the Galway office
At HPE, we’re
- Ranked 19th on Fortune’s 2022 list of 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Ranked 7th on Newsweek’s list of America’s Most Responsible Companies 2022
- Named a Best Place to Work for Disability Inclusion for the sixth year in row.
- Named one of the 100 Best Large Workplaces for Millennials in 2021
- Recognized as one of the Best Companies for Multicultural Women by Seramount