Cyber at Hiscox
The cyber market is due to grow exponentially over the coming years, and at Hiscox we want to make the most of this opportunity. As an Intern in the C³ team you’ll have the opportunity to work with a small team of cyber experts to help influence and shape our cyber offering across the globe.
The C³ team supports cyber operations all around the Hiscox Group; helping to deliver a consistent approach to product development, service offering, branding and marketing, underwriting appetite, pricing, rating approach and aggregation / reinsurance protections. The team work closely with our business units - such as our UK, European, US and London Market teams.
As a Cyber Intern, you’ll get a great insight into the C³ function and will work with a wide range of key stakeholders at all levels. You’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference through the work you’re involved in. Some of the projects you may be involved in include:
- Maturity Model – this model helps businesses understand their cyber maturity level. The maturity model leverages our Cyber Readiness data and supports lead generation/sales for direct and broker channels. You’ll analyse the response data and make recommendations to fine tune the model as appropriate, ultimately improving the output of the model.
- Hiscox CyberClear Academy – this is a cyber awareness training platform we offer to our customers, especially in the SME space. We have been offering this service for about three years and regularly optimise the platform to better improve user experience as well as generating useful data to support us within the business. You’ll generate monthly reports using Excel, analyse the output and update the platform with new content to continually improve this for our customers.
- Claims Reporting – the C3 team review all individual cyber claims in our Retail divisions on a quarterly basis, in order to spot trends, provide advice and ultimately lead to the business being able to make better underwriting decisions. You’ll be required to review individual claims and understand what has happened to be able to support with generating the data that the business can use.
Although we’re hoping that we’ll be back in the office in summer 2021, nothing is guaranteed in the current climate and interns need to be flexible, adaptable, and willing to rise to the challenge. We anticipate that a Cyber internship will be available in London but we may need to convert it to a remote experience.
You will hear from us within two weeks of submitting your application. Final stage interviews will be held in March.
Applications for the internship scheme will close at 10am GMT on 29th January. However, should we experience a high volume of interest, we may close applications earlier and would recommend that you submit your application for this scheme as soon as possible
What is needed to excel in this opportunity?
- Self-motivation and the ability to learn quickly
- A curiosity and hunger to learn, absorb and understand new information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to translate technical terms to non-technical audiences
- An interest in the world of cyber security (but not necessarily experience)
- Comfortable with ambiguity, given the way we operate
- A self-starter with the initiative and courage to stretch yourself out of your comfort zone
- Working knowledge of MS office (intermediate Excel skills)
- We’re open to degree subject but an analytical and challenging thinking style is a must
What are the requirements?
Our internships are open to current students in their penultimate year who are planning to return to undergraduate or postgraduate studies following their time with us. In other words, if you are due to graduate from an Undergraduate or Master’s degree in 2022, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be on course for at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent). You’ll have at least 120 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels (or 300 UCAS points for A-Levels achieved prior to September 2017). You’ll also have UK GCSE Maths and English at Grade B (or international equivalent).
As well as being able to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, you’ll be numerate and able to speak and write fluently in business English.
You must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the UK.
The Internship takes place from 5th July to 27th August