Operations Graduate Programme (London)
The Hiscox London Market Operations function at a glance:
As an international specialist insurer we are far removed from the world of mass market insurance products. We insure the unique and the interesting with our work being underpinned by a culture that encourages us to challenge convention and always look for a better way of doing things. From insuring satellites and private islands, to cyber and terrorism-related risks, our big-ticket business covers a truly diverse and international portfolio.
Our London Market Operations team is an expert support team that continuously improves processes and drives exceptional service across our business. As operational efficiency is key to reducing cost and driving increased performance, the team play an integral part in contributing to the overall success of the Hiscox London Market strategy.
Your time as an Operations Graduate will be spent developing a detailed knowledge of how our business runs and is the ideal place to start your career with Hiscox. You’ll be joining a young and ambitious team, where team members strive for improvement and to seize opportunities to contribute to the success of the business. The Operations team are always open to new ideas, fostering an environment where everyone has the confidence to speak up when they see a need for change.
As an Operations Graduate you can expect to:
- Make a real contribution to the team you’re in, working on challenging projects and developing a full understanding of the wider Operations function
- Work on both big and small change initiatives. Providing you with an understanding of how continuous process improvement and larger scale change transformation allows our business to evolve and grow
- Help to innovate, bringing new ideas and perspectives from your rotations in Underwriting and Change back to the Operations team to improve quality, reduce costs, and increase speed
- Partner with key stakeholders across the business, building professional relationships as a core focus
- Gain a strong understanding of how the Lloyd’s market works and how these market initiatives impact Hiscox
- Receive on-the-job training as well as a structured learning programme designed exclusively for the graduate programme, ranging from financial acumen to interpersonal skills
- Be part of an international graduate cohort, gaining a global network of peers across the business
- Receive support and guidance from our Early Careers Team, your Grad Buddy, and Senior Sponsor
Your rotations explained:
On our Operations Graduate Programme, you will undertake five rotations across London Market Operations, Underwriting and Change. Through these rotations you will gain a holistic understanding of key processes within our London Market business and how these teams collaborate together to drive success.
You’ll spend the first nine months learning from the ground up, immersing yourself in the engine room of Hiscox London Market and working out how the cogs turn. Here you’ll be involved with everything from modelling and reporting through to audits and conduct. The knowledge you’ll gain while in the team will be the solid foundation for you to develop from.
Later on in the graduate programme, you’ll undertake two rotations with our Operations Analysts and Central Operations team. Through these, you will gain hands-on experience of how we affect small change within our team and how we manage our outsourced relationships to guarantee data accuracy and accurate reporting.
You’ll see how we approach risk at Hiscox and build your knowledge of how the London Market operates when it comes to placing business. In a fast paced and varied rotation, you’ll not only build on your interpersonal skills and technical knowledge, but also gain a deep understanding of how Operations and Underwriting work alongside each other.
We are a company that likes to innovate and work towards continuous improvement and a rotation in the Change team will give you valuable insight into how we manage this. You’ll gain experience of how new initiatives, processes and programmes are taken from an initial idea through to full integration.
Is this opportunity for you?
- Do you have the courage to ask questions, challenge the way things are done and put your own ideas forward?
- Do you have strong interpersonal skills and the drive to partner with key stakeholders across the business?
- Do you have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple demands in an efficient and methodical way?
- Are you detail-orientated and comfortable working with data?
- Are you someone who is curious with an eagerness to learn and try new things?
- Do our core values (Courage, Ownership, Human, Connected, Integrity) resonate with you?
- 2:1 (predicted or obtained) in any degree discipline (UK or international equivalent).
- Fluent business English, numerate, strong interpersonal skills, strong computer literacy.
- Permission to work in the UK.
We want to invest in your long-term future at Hiscox, from the start. You will join on a permanent contract and at the end of the programme (December 2026), you will have the opportunity to move into a new Operations role within Hiscox London Market.
Applications will be reviewed and progressed in order of submission date, and opportunities may close early if we receive a high volume of applicants. Therefore, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
If the opportunity you initially apply for is filled, we will endeavour to consider your application for any other remaining opportunities.