Building Surveying Placement Cardiff 2024
We are currently recruiting for students who are studying towards either a BSc or MSc in Building Surveying to join the Hollis Cardiff office for a year out placement starting in summer 2024.
Students will join well-established and expert teams and the role will be to assist them in all aspects of Building Surveying.
Applications close on 31 December 2023 and we will be holding interviews in January 2024.
- Assisting on a full range of building surveying instructions on a variety of commercial properties, including offices, retail and industrial.
- Assisting on servicing instructions which are typically split about 50:50 between professional work and project work.
- Assisting in providing professional work to clients including schedules of dilapidations, pre-acquisition surveys, party wall awards, defect diagnosis, planned preventative maintenance reports, fire insurance valuations, disability audits, schedules of condition.
- Support project work which can typically range from £50k to £7million where the firm performs the role of designer, contract administrator, project manager or an employer’s agent.
- Assisting with co-ordination of portfolio instructions and undertaking other duties from time to time as may be reasonably required.
- Business Development and Client Care awareness.
- Adherence to Health & Safety procedures.
- Responsibility for own continuous professional learning.
- Respect Company Values.
- Working towards a degree or MSc in Building Surveying
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel
- Experience of AutoCAD an advantage, though not essential
- Clean driving licence
The ideal candidate will have a professional and can-do attitude, be self-motivated, enthusiastic, proactive and be able to prioritise and multi-task. They will have excellent organisational abilities to be able to balance different tasks ensuring deadlines are met whilst maintaining highest levels of accuracy. They are required to be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure and importantly is passionate about Building Surveying. We welcome applicants with language skills, and we would love to second people to go abroad or recruit nationals from Europe to do our UK training before relocating to one of the European offices.