Financial Planning & Analysis Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
This is a role of Financial Planning and Analysis for Honda Motor Europe Automobile division.
The role will support both the Business Management team and the European branches’ financial operations. Key tasks will involve price maintenance, analysis, and reporting of financial results, as well as preparation of the financial information for budget events.
- Assistance in Price Maintenance for Branches, distributors and Export.
- Support yearly and quarterly price maintenance in SAP.
- Assistance in issuing quarterly quotations.
- Receiving and collating relevant documentation for parts shipments.
- Actual results analysis.
- Collation and analysis of branch variances between budgeted and actual results using Hyperion Planning.
- Support with reporting of the financial analysis to division managers.
- Budget Support.
- Supporting scheduling and booking facilities for budget meetings with European branches, factories and distributor. teams.
- Preparation of reporting templates and collation of branch responses.
- Preparing KPI analysis and ad hoc requests for Business Management team.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, undertaking a Business degree with an Economics, Accounting or Finance focus, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- Advanced Excel Skills – (including use of Lookups, IF’s, Formatting, embedded formula, linking cells etc.).
- Strong Analytical Skills and ability to understand representations of financial data.
- Proficient with PowerPoint.
- Willingness to learn is key to benefit the support of the team to develop your professional skills. Hyperion Planning and SAP trainings will be provided for the purpose of the role.
- Logical thinking, attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Well organised, calm under pressure with the capacity to manage several tasks at once and prioritise effectively.
- An enthusiastic person who takes initiative and is prepared to be pro-active and challenge the norm with a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of Hyperion and/or SAP would be beneficial.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.