IT Operational Support Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the most innovative teams within Honda’s European IT department, supporting operational activities and projects that deliver new solutions for Honda’s customers via mobile apps.
The role will be working within Connected Services, the team responsible for delivering Connected Car systems to vehicles. Their work allows customers to use a mobile app to monitor and control their electric or hybrid vehicles.
- Work as part of the Operational Support team to perform various tasks including supporting with troubleshooting issues, creating management reports & other general administration tasks.
- Support with the creation and maintenance of tools for data analysis and reporting based on system logs and other data sources, including creating management summaries in PowerPoint.
- Work closely with project team members (Project Managers, Analysts & Architects), suppliers/digital agencies, and business users across Europe to deliver new projects.
- Support the delivery of quality solutions to our customers through testing and defect tracking which may include testing mobile devices with vehicles (e.g. Honda e).
- Other project support tasks include maintaining risks, issues & change logs using relevant internal and supplier systems or applications (e.g., SharePoint, JIRA).
- Support with documenting project deliverables (e.g. project plans, requirement documents) and at times lead sub-projects to gain experience in areas of development.
- Act as point of contact for product issues, e.g., in period after go-live, and ensure that they are appropriately escalated within the project team.
- Support with running processes for tracking expenditure on projects and tracking it against authorised budgets.
- Provide general administrative support such as arranging meetings, creating documentation though note taking and meeting minutes.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, studying a Business or IT-based degree, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- Someone who is well-organised, motivated to learn and able to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to work efficiently on a wide variety of projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Organised and able to manage own time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic approach.
- Confident interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (written and verbal) with a diverse group of individuals at all levels.
- Confident to work with large amounts of data / information as part of analytical work.
- Strong MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.