IT Project Support Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the most innovative teams within Honda’s European IT department (ISD), working on projects that deliver new solutions for Honda’s customers via websites and apps. The team works with all Honda’s sales divisions offering a great deal of variety.
We are looking for someone who can make a real contribution by assisting our project managers to follow up on key issues and provide accurate and timely project tracking.
To succeed at this, you will need to work as part of cross-functional teams, building strong relationships inside and outside of ISD. There will also be opportunities to work alongside business analysts in understanding and documenting user requirements.
- Work closely in a team (including Project Managers, Business Analysts, Solution Architects) together with suppliers, digital agencies and business users across Europe to deliver projects.
- Support with the delivery of quality solutions to our customers through testing and defect tracking.
- Act as the initial point of contact for product issues, e.g., in period after go-live, ensuring that they are appropriately escalated within the project team.
- Provide general administrative support such as arranging meetings, creating documentation though note taking and meeting minutes.
- Support with other tasks as required, such as maintaining risks, issues & change logs using relevant internal and supplier systems or applications (e.g., SharePoint, JIRA).
Qualifications, skills and experience
- Must be an undergraduate, studying a Business or IT-based degree, looking for a placement as part of their studies.
- Someone who is well-organised, motivated to learn and able to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to work efficiently on a wide variety of projects in a fast-moving environment.
- Happy to work with detail and large amounts of data / information as part of analytical work using good numeracy skills.
- Organised and able to manage own time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic approach.
- Confident interpersonal skills and ability to communicate (written and verbal) with a diverse group of individuals at all levels.
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Sounds knowledge of Systems Development lifecycle including both waterfall and agile.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.