Legal & Compliance Placement Bracknell 2024
At Honda we embrace inclusion in our various policies, so whilst our contracts state that the hours are as required to fulfil the role with a minimum of 35 hours per week, we offer flexibility for when you work.
The regular office hours are 08:00 – 16:00 Monday to Thursday with a half hour lunch break & 08:00 – 13:00 on a Friday. However, we offer flexibility of when you work with our daily flex-time start of between 07:00 and 11:00 providing that there is no business requirement.
Whilst there is no contractual right to work from home, the flexibility we offer is that you can request to work from home for a maximum of 50% of the working days in any one month, again providing there is no business requirement to attend the office.
The Honda Legal Team collaborates with the business to deliver high value, timely, cost efficient and customer centric advice and coaching in relation to legal affairs, compliance, corporate governance and company secretarial matters across the European Region.
The appointed individual will become a fully integrated member of the Honda Legal Team and will support on a range of legal reporting, compliance, company secretarial and administrative matters.
Depending on the work carried out, the appointed individual may be supervised directly by the General Manager for the Legal & Risk Division, the Head of Legal, other members of the Honda Legal Team, or by the Head of Risk (in relation to corporate governance items only).
This is a role that provides an excellent opportunity for the appointed individual to develop their skills and to contribute as part of a dynamic and ambitious in-house legal team.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the items set out below.
- Maintain a log of requests for legal support received by the Legal Team. Provide a first response (acknowledgement) to all legal work requests. Engage with the business to ensure that all requests for legal support are comprehensive and understandable.
- Support the Legal and Compliance Assistant (paralegal) with company secretarial work, including requesting document notarisation and legalisation etc.
- Support the Legal and Compliance Assistant (paralegal) with the coordination of legal reporting requests sent to Honda Motor Europe Limited’s branches and subsidiaries within the Europe, Africa and Middle East region.
- Become a super-user for the Honda Contract Lifecycle Management system (a contract database) and provide user support to business colleagues, as required.
- Contribute to ad hoc legal, compliance and corporate governance projects.
- Carry out legal research and support Legal Team members in responding to requests for legal advice. This may include drafting, or advising on, simple contracts.
- Manage the accounting administration for the Legal Team, including raising Purchase Orders, receiving invoices for approval and processing approved invoices for payment.
- Provide administrative support to prepare for, and to ensure the smooth running of, the Annual Compliance Officers conference.
- Provide general administrative support, including filing contracts, arranging meetings, booking rooms, securing signatures, receiving and posting documents, updating the Legal SharePoint site, supporting new joiners to obtain access to relevant IT systems, ordering stationery etc.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A legal or business undergraduate looking for a placement as part of their studies
- A highly organised individual with strict attention to detail and the ability to deliver to deadlines, whilst maintaining quality standards.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of their work.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong team player with an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to remain flexible and able to adapt to changing demands in the role.
- Proficient user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Undertaken previous administration work and/or work experience in a legal environment.
Honda is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in the workplace for all employees, temporary workers, contractors, applicants and visitors. Honda also encourages respect for the individual differences and talents of others while making full use of one's own abilities, based on Honda's philosophy of respect for the individual.
At Honda, we value and celebrate diversity and are committed to being a fair, non-discriminatory company that promotes and welcomes the uniqueness and differences of people around the world. We recognise that a diverse workforce allows for different ideas and perspectives, and we encourage everyone to share them.
We strive to foster a culture of belonging that is consistent with Honda's core values and lived out in the way we work and respect each other. For us at Honda, diversifying our workforce means increasing its overall strength by providing people with equal opportunities - regardless of personal characteristics or previous careers.
This commitment flows directly from the Honda philosophy and the belief that we are all working towards a common goal. Honda recruits, hires, trains and promotes the most qualified/experienced individuals at all levels without regard to race, origin, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other protected characteristic.