Bachelors Chemical Engineering Internship Bracknell 2024
Are you a top undergraduate who would enjoy a challenging internship, with an exciting company? Join top university students at Honeywell!
At Honeywell, our people are driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell International is a $34.4 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 100,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We invent and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro trends like energy efficiency, clean energy generation, safety and security, globalization and customer productivity.
We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, more innovative and productive.
Performance Materials and Technologies is a high-performing, global business with an array of technologies that are changing the world for the better. We develop and manufacture advanced materials and process technologies used in a wide range of industries and applications, from petroleum refining to environmentally-friendlier refrigerants to bullet-resistant vests. Our advanced materials are critical in the manufacture of products ranging from computer chips to pharmaceutical packaging.
Performance Materials and Technologies holds more than 14,500 active and pending patents globally and has more than 5,500 engineering employees. Performance Materials and Technologies comprises three businesses, each of which succeeds on the strength of its technology portfolio, complimented with expertise in engineering, sales, marketing and supply chain.
Honeywell UOP is the recognized leader in developing and licensing process technology that convert oil, natural gas and renewable feeds into transportation fuels, energy and petrochemicals. It also develops and sells catalysts, adsorbents, equipment, process plants and technical services.
UOP continues to innovate to create flexible, future-forward and sustainable solutions that address the challenges of our everchanging world. We’re striving to create cleaner fuels by developing processes that reduce emissions and produce renewable fuel sources. Our Honeywell Green Diesel™ and Honeywell Green Jet Fuel™ require no changes to engines or fuel infrastructure and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by more than two-thirds.
Our process technologies, equipment and lifecycle solutions are helping customers generate the most value from every drop of oil, every cubic foot of natural gas and every ton of coal. And through connected software, UOP is helping customers become more efficient and profitable through digital tools that ensure plants are running at the peak of their capability.
Chemical Engineering Internship Opportunities in Bracknell!
We have several opportunities for summer internships for students in current pursuit of a degree in Chemical Engineering. UOP offers internships within our Technical Services group.
UOP summer interns will work on one or more aspects of technology development and transfer, with meaningful projects and assignments supported by UOP technical experts. They will participate in office-based teams using chemical engineering principles for the design and optimization of processes and unit operations for the oil, gas and petrochemical industries.
Interns will also have the opportunity to become more familiar with all aspects of UOP and full-time work opportunities at UOP and other areas of Honeywell. Full time opportunities for graduated chemical engineers include UOP’s Early Career Program for Chemical Engineers. The Early Career Program is a 12 month program exposing new engineers to a variety of functions including:
- Research and Process Development
- Process Engineering
- Technical Service, and/ or Customer Training
- Experience is gained in one or more of UOP’s key refining and petrochemical technologies with a variety of activities that may include operating pilot plants, defining experiments, designing, troubleshooting and/ or servicing UOP process units, and performing other challenging assignments.
Following 12 months of training Engineers will transfer to Field Operating Service (FOS). In FOS they travel full time for 3-5 years on assignments to multiple locations around the world supporting UOP customers in operating plants as a process or instrumentation advisor.
- Completion of at least 2 full semesters or equivalent, of academic study, in pursuit of a Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering at an accredited university or college
- Honeywell/UOP will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United Kingdom
- Ability to work well with others at all organizational levels
- Prefer completion of at least 4 full semesters, at an accredited university or college
- Proficient PC skills including: Microsoft® Office Suite
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently
- Six Sigma knowledge would be a plus
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Broad technical knowledge in general Chemical Engineering principles
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Interest in extensive travel to international and domestic locations (required for UOP’s Early Career Program for full time hires)
We offer a state-of-the-art engineering environment along with exciting career opportunities and a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.