Financial and Valuation Advisory 6 Month Internship
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE:HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in valuation, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, financial restructuring, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, the Middle East, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of the firm’s commitment to client success across its advisory services. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years according to Thomson Reuters.
Financial Valuation Advisory
Over the past 45 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the leading global valuation practices. We conduct over 1,000 discrete valuation assignments every year on behalf of a variety of clients including financial institutions, governments, financial sponsors, and companies. Clients seek out Houlihan Lokey for strategic advice on the hardest to value assets for a variety of ongoing activities or transactions.
Houlihan Lokey’s Financial and Valuation Advisory Practice based in London is primarily focused on offering the following services:
- Fairness Opinions: The provision of fairness opinions on various M&A and financial restructuring transactions
- Valuation for Transaction-related Purposes: Independent valuation provided to key stakeholders in transaction processes including Management, Independent board of directors, lenders, trustees and administrators
- Portfolio Valuation: Preparing valuation reports utilized for financial reporting, tax, litigation and regulatory purposes
- Portfolio Acquisition and Divestiture Services: Assisting alternative investors in the underwriting of large complex transactions
The Financial Valuation Advisory team is looking to hire an Intern for 6-months at their London office. The internship is an excellent opportunity to work alongside investment bankers in a stimulating environment on various valuation and transaction assignments for clients in various industries.
You will have the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training throughout your internship, with similar levels of exposure as a first-year analyst.
You will assist in the preparation of materials for clients, conduct market, industry and company analyses. Furthermore you will gain experience in financial modelling, valuation analyses and work as part of a project team. We offer a unique opportunity to work on a wealth of projects that provide exposure to various financial advisory challenges, including the valuation of complex businesses, securities, and transaction structures.
Qualifications / Requirements
- You must either be in your final year of study or a recent graduate available to work on a full time basis
- You will have a strong academic track record
- Have an understanding of valuation theory, methodologies and applications
- Strong quantitative, financial and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are essential
- Additional language skills in French, German or Spanish will be favourably regarded
- A demonstrated interest in Investment Banking and Valuation
- Previous internship experience within investment banking and / or related fields, which is essential
- International experience is also desirable, but not essential
- You must be motivated and have the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment
- Houlihan Lokey aims to attract talented graduates who share our passion for excellence and commitment.