Business Development Assistant
Are you looking to join a rapidly growing diverse group, alongside like-minded people who want to challenge the status quo? Do you want to start your career in an independent business with a uniquely creative culture, controlled by the people who work for it? How would you like to become a part of a business which has shared values, an encouraging culture, and a vision to succeed?
Howden Group is made up of more than 8000 people in over 40 territories who are working together to build something different in insurance. Founded by 3 men and a dog, Howden Group has always been employee-owned and driven by an ambitious, driven, and entrepreneurial way of thinking.
People come to Howden Group for lots of different reasons, but they stay for the same one: our culture! That’s what sets us apart, and why we nurture and retain the best talent in the market. Whatever your priorities – work/life balance, career progression, sustainability, or volunteering opportunities - you’ll find like-minded people inspiring change at Howden Group.
What will you be doing?
- You’ll be proactively managing the sales pipeline by managing sales appointments, creating and updating presentation materials for those appointments – liaising with design team internally, and then keeping those relationships warm by carrying out post-sales appointments
- We’ll need you to research development opportunities for both the BD team and work closely with other areas of the business to carry out research for new business purposes
- Keeping on top of date management and onboarding new clients into the system.
- You’ll be attending industry events to both your profile and raise the profile of Howden Financial Lines Group
- Maintaining FLG toolkit for our clients – keeping the value proposition up to date (ensuring the relevant people regularly input with case studies, changed stats and facts)
- Assisting in devising and coordinating events with our marketing team, and managing client facing marketing materials, such as sell sheets, white papers, thought leadership articles and distribution lists
- Designing & executing client surveys, seeking out case studies and researching potential awards we can go for, as well as maintaining a calendar of relevant industry events, managing attendance, and seeking out speaking opportunities
- As the role progresses, you’ll be prospecting and developing your own relationships, and running those relationships by yourself to really provide the best service to our clients.
What is in it for you?
- Structured training and day to day support to learn how the insurance market operates
- Tailored training to develop their client skills and commercial awareness
- 25 days holiday
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Benefits including: Private medical insurance, Cycle to Work scheme, Tech vouchers, charitable giving, Gym memberships, and many more
What do we need from you?
- A degree (or equivalent) in any subject, level 2:1 or above, completed by September 2020 and within the past 4 years.
- A strong drive with a commercial mind-set, with the ability to use your initiative.
- Adaptability for working independently and as part of the team.
- A customer-focused approach, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Resilience, analytical thinking, and having a strong attention to detail will be key elements needed for this role
Process & Timelines
- Initial CV submission and application
- Online testing
- Shortlisting (w/c 23rd November)
- Assessment centre (w/c 7th December)
- Start date - mid-January