E-Commerce Industrial Placement Reading 2024
This exciting role is within the HP eCommerce team focuses on direct go to market channel, HP Store. The core responsibility is to support the eCommerce team on the day to day execution of the HP Store strategy and business delivery which includes elements of marketing, analytics, user experience and measurement.
Please note, this is a placement year opportunity which will take place for 13 months, from July 1st 2024 until July31st, 2025.
- Support in the creation and execution of email program
- Day to day support of the Consumer and Commercial Business Managers including inventory planning, pricing and product selection.
- Measurement of site and business performance thorough analytics to aid business decisions.
- Work closely with the Marketing teams to integrate Brand campaigns onto site.
- Engagement with European team to help with product and promotion planning.
- Act as point of contact for tele sales team promotional queries
- Regular analysis of external market data to assist with business strategy.
- Microsoft Office: in particular Excel, Power Point & Outlook
- Analytical: Comfortable with the collection and analysis of data across defined KPI metrics
- Budget management: able to analyse and track financial transactions in and out of the business in conjunction with the rest of the team
- Organised/co-ordination: able to prioritise according to preparation requirements including synchronisation of multiple elements with the same deadlines
- Attention to Detail: awareness and application of guidelines & requirements in all activities
- Communication: timely and regular updates on activity development, results & deadlines stakeholders
- Teamwork/collaboration: develop strong relationships with team in order to pool resources effectively when required; support other team member objectives, especially those that overlap with own
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability to think on feet and outside the box- challenge “this is the way we’ve always done it” mentality
- An understanding and interest of eCommerce would be beneficial
- Genuine desire to pursue eCommerce as a career
- Self-motivated: actively search out opportunities to add value
- Drive to achieve: ownership of activity’s timely success
- Resourceful: search out & provide solutions to problems using own initiative
- Ability & Drive to take ownership of projects, including personal development/skills required to excel at role
Throughout the programme, your manager will take vested interest in your development and dedicate time to set clear goals and provide you feedback along the entire internship. You'll have access to 10,000+ learning nuggets to sharpen your business acumen and professional skills.
Beyond that, you will train, practice and have fun, alongside your intern peers, HP best professionals, learning also from senior managers that can help you take your career forward. Internal global competitions and games will expand your international network and cross-cultural experience.
At HP, we believe in the power of ideas. And we believe that ideas thrive best in a culture of teamwork. We trust anything can be achieved if you really believe in it, and we will invest in your ideas to change lives and the way people work.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!