PR Graduate - Nutrition & Lifestyle
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 7,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
We are hiring for driven and highly capable PR Executive Graduate’s to join our Brand PR Team joining either Wellbeing, Luxury & Lifestyle, or the THG experience division.
THG Nutrition: is a manufacturer and online D2C retailer of nutrition and wellbeing products and owner of the Myprotein brand, including its family of brands Myvegan, Myvitamins, MP Clothing and Myprotein Pro, among many others.
THG Experience: creates real-world experiences alongside digital ones to deepen a brand's connection with its customers and reach a wider audience. Our portfolio includes: King Street Townhouse, Great John Street Hotel, 100 King Street and Hale Country Club & Spa.
Luxury and Lifestyle: THG's Luxury & Lifestyle division includes high-end designer fashion brands, including Coggles, AllSole and MyBag, and some of the most vibrant and exciting lifestyle brands, such as Zavvi, Iwoot and Pop In A Box
The PR Executive’s will have a real interest in their chosen industry and in developing innovative PR campaigns.
- Liaising with press and influencers on a daily basis to secure coverage and build relationships
- Proactively monitoring the media - including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs - for coverage opportunities for our brands
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to target media
- Pitching news stories and features to the media – securing coverage online, offline and across broadcast outlets
- Collating, analysing and reporting on media coverage
- Working as part of the wider Consumer PR team to deliver creative campaign ideas and strategies to build global brand awareness
- Working alongside Brand, Content, Social, Campaign and Digital teams to execute 360 marketing campaigns
- Event management (press/consumer)
To apply for the role, you need to complete the task outlined below and upload your completed task with your CV, or email your CV & completed task to Richard.Howard@thehutgroup.com with the subject title “Brand PR Graduate Assessment” Please note, applications submitted after 18:00 on Friday 27th November 2020 may not be considered. If your response to the task is short-listed, you will be invited to interview with and present your task to our marketing experts.
Background: MP Clothing was born in 2015 as a subsidiary of world’s leading digitally native sports nutrition brand, Myprotein. MP’s mission is to make performance focused active-wear accessible to all.
January is a key time for the health/fitness industry so please develop a PR campaign for MP Clothing, utilising opportunities and spaces from across THG divisions.
Things to consider/include
- Press - Events/Activations
- Newsworthy stories/stunts
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritising – highly organised with a good eye for detail
- Strong understanding of traditional and digital PR, and how both play a key role in building brand awareness and driving commercial value for brands
- An ability to demonstrate a passion of and knowledge around their chosen industry and competitor landscape
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and knowledge of both current and emerging global platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube & TikTok etc.
- A proactive self-starter with a problem-solving attitude and ability to work towards tight deadlines
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts