MSc Finance & Accounting
MSc Finance & Accounting is a one-year, full-time programme accredited by both ACCA and CIMA, designed to prepare students for careers in financial or professional services.
Our programme provides a strong theoretical grounding and draws on some of the world’s best research in corporate finance. It is also highly applied, allowing you to find solutions to real-world business and valuation challenges in mergers & acquisitions, private equity and real estate. Many lectures are delivered by highly regarded practitioners, and you will have the option to attend programming workshops, complete an Applied Project, or take part in a work placement.
Our wide range of electives is continually updated to enable you to tailor your learning and match your career aspirations.
Our London location and ongoing relationships with major employers in the finance sector provides the opportunity to meet and network with leading global organisations and will help present yourself with confidence to the world’s top companies.
MSc Finance & Accounting ensures students benefit from a unique blend of rigour and relevance, providing an understanding of the financial basics, more specialist knowledge in a chosen area and a practical experience through electives and project work.
Students who complete the MSc Finance & Accounting programme successfully will be able to:
- Understand how financial accounts are prepared and used in decision making, particularly capital budgeting and valuation.
- Have a strong grasp of the legal and regulatory environment in which both non-financial and financial corporates operate.
- Formulate a corporate strategy and where necessary support these ideas with a detailed priced proposal.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of fundamental finance theories and models and their use and context in real financial markets.
- Use the above models to look at funding solutions and managing corporate risk.
- Apply mathematical tools to financial problems including the pricing of financial instruments and products.
- Analyse economic and financial data and evaluate investment decisions: students should be able to apply econometric theory and software to draw valid conclusions.
There are multiple deadlines for this programme throughout the year so do bear that in mind when making your application
- 13th January 2021
- 1st March 2021
- 23rd April 2021