Operations Intern Edinburgh 2021
We’re a fast-growing digital company taking the travel industry by storm. We started off as a 3 van rental company in Portugal in 2013, and have since become Europe’s largest campervan rental company. With a fleet of 1.000+ vehicles, Indie Campers currently operates over 40 locations across Europe. We’ve been recently chosen by the Financial Times as the #38 fastest growing company in Europe and #2 in the Travel sector. We’re also a tight-knit group of friends who love spreading the travel bug. And guess what — we’re hiring!
As an Indie Campers Operations Intern you’ll be representing our brand in person, providing our guests with a world-class customer service when they start and finish road trips of a lifetime. Do you enjoy challenges, meeting new people and fast-paced environments? If so, this position might be your next step.
What you'll do
- Doing check-ins and check-outs of campervans, registering guests, processing payments, and explaining the vehicle functionalities, reservation details and terms & conditions.
- Inspecting, cleaning and preparing our campervans after each booking, and handle any issues that may arise to make sure operations run smoothly.
- Maintaining updated information on van availability, reservations and guest communications.
Who you are
- You’re a student in Hospitality, Tourism or a related field (Bachelor's, Master’s or Technical Schools) looking for an internship to gain experience in the sector.
- You have a work permit, a valid driver's license and feel confident enough to drive a campervan (mandatory).
- You’re available for a full-time (40 hours) internship with flexible working hours (mandatory).
- You have a natural talent for connecting with people and have a strong customer service orientation.
- You’re a problem solver who thrives on creating solutions, and is not afraid to get their hands dirty.
- You’re passionate about providing a service with care and going the extra mile.
- Travelling is one of your life’s greatest pleasures.
- 4-6 Months internship starting on the 1st of April 2021
- 2-3 Months internship starting on the 1st of July 2021
What we offer
- Paid, full-time internship in a young, fast-growing and innovative company (accommodation not included).
- Continuous training and coaching to develop the skills that matter to you.
- A role where you can provide guests a more personal, alternative holiday experience.
- International opportunities and real chance of integration after the internship.