Sales Development Industrial Placement Swindon 2024
Join Intel and build a better tomorrow!
We create world-changing technology that improves the life of every person on the planet every day and in ways that you probably don't even see, from the technology inside self-order kiosks at fast food outlets to the data centres and networks that support your video streaming; from AI enabling genomic sequencing and personalised healthcare to autonomous driving.
You'll be joining a company that values every individual and strives to minimise our impact on the planet - we have just announced that we are water positive in 3 countries and use 100 per cent green energy in all our US and European facilities.
We have big ambitions and a passion to work with others and address world challenges that no one can tackle alone. We would love you to be part of this.
About the recruitment process
Once your application is submitted, the recruiter will review your CV and if your application is of interest, you will be invited to a telephone interview to check eligibility for the role. If successful, you will be invited to the final recruitment stage, an assessment centre. These will be held from December 2023. You can check the status of your application by accessing your candidate profile. Regardless of our decision you will receive feedback from us
Application deadline: 15th Jan 2024
About the internship
This is a 13-month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a sandwich degree course in a relevant discipline and is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree or enrolled in Master’s Integrated Course which includes a year in industry (or equivalent).
We ask that all applicants are current university students and will remain students during the whole internship. Candidates must be based in the UK upon the start date of this internship, and for its entire duration.
We are unable to support remote working from outside the UK.
You will have the possibility to
Join Intel's Sales Organisation during your industrial placement and be part of our Global Accounts or UK Sales teams working with large enterprises and high- street retailers. The Sales Development Intern role is an exciting position for motivated and inquisitive individuals open to partnering with multiple international stakeholders from Sales and Marketing groups to influence Intel's business and relationships with key partners.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
At the end of your internship, you will have gained valuable skills and experience, working for a dynamic innovative technology leader.
- Manage sales and marketing enablement programs, collaborating with partners on marketing plans to elaborate the Intel and Customers better together message, and deliver significant value to clients
- Analyse and collate internal and 3rd party data on sales activities, customer products and market trends.
- Provide support to sales teams including project budgeting, customer engagement, tracking sales targets with key performance indicators ,KPIs, and managing sales pipelines
- Coordinate and support Intel and customer-sponsored events, ensuring Intel maximises return on investment
We welcome applications from candidates who embody our cultural values and have:
- A proactive, inquisitive nature, with the ability to take ownership of tasks and lead by example.
- Good teamwork skills, with the ability to learn quickly in a constantly changing and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to engage with strategic customers to meet their needs and understand their key priorities.
- A strong drive for excellence to improve processes and the ability to resolve problems.
- Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Having the ability to analyse and report on data to provide key business insights.
- Strong organisational skills with the added benefit of having experience in planning and organizing events.
- Previous experience working in a customer-facing environment.
What do we offer?
- A chance to learn about the latest, life-changing technology and make an impact on co-workers, customers and the planet.
- A collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best.
- Hybrid working environment.
- Competitive pay and benefits including starting bonus and other performance-based bonuses.
- Diverse and inclusive environment working alongside international colleagues and a dedicated intern community to help you get started in your new job.
- Being a part of a socially and ecologically responsible company.
- Dedicated training for you during your first weeks at the company to make your transition into work easier and a personal buddy to help you build your network, answer any questions and integrate you into your position.
- Opportunities for professional development - wide library of online trainings and learning platforms, support and guidance from your team and manager, and different assignment programs.
- The possibility to build a lifelong career at Intel with graduate positions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, as well as, benefit programs which include health, retirement, and vacation. Find more information about all of our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.html
This role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.