MultiStory Media Trainee Researcher
We connect with millions of people every day, make content they can't get enough of and reflect and shape the world we live in… and we do all this through the power of creativity.
We will be a digitally led entertainment and media company that creates and brings brilliant content to audiences, wherever, whenever and however they choose.
Business overview per Business Area
At MultiStory Media we make innovative shows that capture the heart of the nation such as Pride of Britain Awards, Piers Morgan's Life Stories, Paul O'Grady For the Love of Dogs, Come Dine with Me, All Star Musicals, Martin Lewis Money Show, Peston and The Real 'Des': the Dennis Nilsen Story, to name a few! We’re a team of passionate story-tellers working across a broad range of genres, including Current Affairs, Politics, Factual Entertainment, Drama, Documentaries and Entertainment. In 2020 we created over 160 hours of TV for all channels and platforms including ITV, ITV Hub, BBC, BBC3, Channel 4, Discovery, Sky, Netflix. Our shows speak for themselves: Tonight is the nation’s most watched Current Affairs series, Martin Lewis ‘the most trusted man in Britain’, the Up series has been voted the 'greatest-ever achievement in documentary film-making’, and Come Dine With Me is the world’s most prolific Factual Entertainment format with over 14,000 episodes produced around the globe.
The ITV Production Training scheme is a 12 month fully paid programme for new entrants to TV. The aim is to home grow exceptional talent and give the training needed to kickstart a long and successful career in TV.
There will be placements with 11 ITV Production Companies both scripted and non scripted based across the UK. The Programme aims to attract candidates from backgrounds that are currently underrepresented in the industry, including those from a lower socio economic background, those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities and disabled people. We also welcome applicants who have some life experience, be that college, university, a few years of working already under their belt, with the maturity to make the most of this opportunity, and this opportunity is also open to those to whom the apprenticeships are closed (eg University graduates and anyone who has already done a media related qualification).
Some Key Responsibilities
- Ability to contribute to brainstorming session and new ideas
- Keen consumer of popular culture, general knowledge, television trends, upcoming talent and curiosity about the TV landscape.
- Understanding of audiences and how television serves them
- Where required, assist on location or in studio and maintain clear lines of communication with all crew, cast and production team members.
- Evidence of good fact checking and research skills
- To support the label’s social media strategy
- Being proactive and good at problem solving
- Skilled at dealing with sensitive data
- Encompass a professional attitude when working with contributors and talent
- Good writing and journalistic skills with the ability to adapt to different programme formats
- Organised and deadline-focussed approach to managing workload and conciseness / attention to detail
- Resourcefulness in approaching tasks
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following skills:
- Demonstrable passion for content whether it be factual, factual entertainment or entertainment (known in the industry as unscripted) and to learn on the job
- Good organisational and time management skills with a proven ability to respond to changing demands in a pressured environment.
- Competent across a range of IT software including MS Office (Work, Powerpoint, Excel), Google Mail and other Google products
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently engage with a range of people such as contributors, experts and talent as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Desire to build a career in television and a proven ability to generate relevant ideas