Graduate Environmental Assessment Consultant UK 2024
Are you ready to start your career in an inclusive, flexible, and dynamic work environment?
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the UK, we also deliver local projects that protect communities.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions.
On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
Our UK and Ireland EIA team is 150 strong, with diverse skills and experience delivering all stages of the consenting process from strategic assessment and EIA to post construction environmental monitoring.
We specialise in nationally significant projects across Europe and you will be involved in innovative and inspiring projects that focus on renewable energy, sustainable transport, low carbon and nature-based solutions, as part of our Climate Response. The Broadlands Flood Alleviation Project is an example of one of the nationally significant climate and flood resilience projects that our EIA team is involved in. We are at the forefront of developing best practice assessments, including a range of digital EIA and SEA techniques.
We have opportunities for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Graduates to join our Manchester, London, Glasgow or Reading Environmental Assessment team. You will become part of a respected and ambitious company with a friendly culture, career prospects and international opportunities!
Here’s what you'll need
- Be working towards a Degree or Masters level qualification in a relevant Environmental discipline, or equivalent level of experience
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.