Graduate Land Surveyor
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
About the opportunity
We are seeking ambitious individuals to support the expansion of our Geospatial expertise within the UK Geomatics business. We require Graduate Land Surveyors in our London and Stockton office to work with our surveyors in carrying out Topographical and Underground Utility Surveys, as well as 3D Laser Scanning for various engineering projects in the market sectors of Airports, Highways, Railways, Environmental and Industrial Processing/ Petrochemicals. Training will be provided to develop the theoretical and practical skills you have learnt during your degree so you can work towards professional accreditation and you will also be enrolled in our Graduate Development Programme to allow you to develop a career within our diverse business.
Responsibilities associated with the position include
- Undertaking remote site work using a variety cutting edge survey technology
- Completing office processing activities in line with active survey projects, using high-end survey software
- Liaison with other members of the Geomatics team to enable work to be delivered to time, budget and quality
- Communication of project related issues to the relevant Senior Land Surveyor and Geomatics Project Manager
- Mentoring of Assistant Land Surveyors when a suitable level of experience is achieved
- Assist in the production of survey drawings and reports
- Assist in the production of Method Statements and Risk Assessments and Safe Plan of Actions
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a Geospatial related subject
- A minimum of GCSE grade A-C in Mathematics and English
- A desire to develop your career by learning on the job, in a practical, outdoor, team environment
- Strong personal management and timekeeping skills as well as a passion for being outdoors
- You will be keen to work within a range of environments including the Highways, Rail, Environmental, Energy and Property sectors
- You will need to hold a full UK driving licence as the role will involve use of the survey support vehicle and travel to remote site locations
- A good level of fitness and flexibility is required and you must be prepared to spend time on site working away from the regional office, to include occasional unsocial working hours
- Initiative to think on your feet, resolving unforeseen issues and forming working solutions.
- A/AS Level (or equivalent) qualifications in Mathematics and Geography
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Land Survey or Geomatics
- Experience in using industry standard survey equipment and processing software
- Relevant work experience which demonstrates applied knowledge of land survey procedures and workflows
- Relevant work experience in an outdoor, site-based environment
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.