Graduate Power & Energy Systems Consultant Birmingham 2024
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions (P&PS) business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the UK, we also deliver local projects that protect communities.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions. On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
Jacobs is committed to playing a leadership role in Global Energy Transition. Our UK and Continental Europe Energy & Power team is growing and we’re looking for a Graduate Power & Energy Systems Consultant to join our New Energy & Advisory team to help provide support to projects across all Jacobs’ markets. Our New Energy & Advisory team provides a range of consulting services within energy systems technology. As part of our team, you will work on a range of services within energy management and net zero, renewable and low carbon generation storage technologies and future energy systems.
New Energy and Advisory is a specialist engineering, strategy and advisory practice operating within Jacobs’ Energy & Power business, focused on managing our clients’ risks and creating solutions that support change driven predominantly by net zero goals and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) commitments. With our deep technical, commercial and strategic energy expertise across the whole energy system we develop solutions that address our clients’ critical challenges around decarbonisation and the energy transition, including whole system efficiency, electrification of demand, digitalisation and opportunities in decentralised energy.
You will be based in Birmingham.
Here’s what you’ll need
- Be working towards a Degree or Masters level qualification in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Power Systems Engineering Degree.
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward.
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things.
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
Apply before October 31st 2023 for your application to be considered in the first assessment window. You can still apply after this date if the role remains open to applications. However, you do so with the knowledge that we may not proceed with your application if the role is filled in the first assessment window.
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others.
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service.
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks.
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network.
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.