Graduate Process Engineers Water Belfast 2024
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Our People & Places Solutions business focuses on providing solutions to future challenges such as climate change, the need for renewable energy, low carbon economies, transportation, and material resource and waste management. While we shape some of the very largest and most challenging landmark projects in the UK, we also deliver local projects that protect communities.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions. On joining our scheme in September 2024, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
Our Process Discipline team is located across the UK & Ireland, working for multiple clients on all aspects of water and wastewater treatment, bioresources, circular economy and climate mitigation and adaptation including feasibility assessment, capital design, optioneering, operational support, development impact assessment, optimisation and sustainable, circular futures.
As we continue to develop exciting prospects, we are looking for passionate graduates to join us across our offices in Manchester, Birmingham and Belfast. This role will be on a hybrid working arrangement, operating as part of our national diverse and dynamic UK team. We offer the opportunity to work for our global client base and operate as a truly national collaborative team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunities to learn all aspects of water and wastewater treatment plant design and operation. You will be a motivative and innovative individual who embraces new methodologies and technologies and who has an interest in data. We will support you to convert your innovative ideas into practical solutions that tackle the challenges facing the water industry. We will support and encourage you to raise our and your own profile across the wider industry.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Taking on new challenges with Clients in the Water Industry
- Development and use of process calculations, modelling and assessment methods
- Deliver on a wide variety of projects such as water trading, large capital design, water quality and network optimisation
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams to help deliver projects within agreed timeframes and budgets and to exceed our Clients’ expectations
- Maintain strong and collaborative working relationships and interactions with the Client
- Promote a culture of knowledge sharing and continuous improvement by providing technical guidance and support to other members of the team
Here’s What You’ll Need
- Be working towards a relevant Degree or Masters level qualification in Chemical Engineering or related degree
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
Apply before October 31st 2023 for your application to be considered in the first assessment window. You can still apply after this date if the role remains open to applications. However, you do so with the knowledge that we may not proceed with your application if the role is filled in the first assessment window.
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.