Graduate Project Manager (Energy, Security & Technology) UK 2024
Are you ready to start your career in an inclusive, flexible, and dynamic work environment?
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
Join the Jacobs Graduate Development Programme (GDP) and have a meaningful, positive impact on our environments, communities, and societies worldwide. As a Jacobs Graduate you will be part of a larger network of talent who are Challenging Today and Reinventing Tomorrow.
What we do at Jacobs
Everything we do in our Energy, Security and Technology (ES&T) business – whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications – is more than just a project. It’s our challenge as human beings, too.
What will you get?
Our Graduate Development Programme is a structured two-year scheme where we provide the framework, mentoring and experiences to help you maximise your skills and ambitions.
On joining our scheme in September 2024 as a Graduate Project Manager, you’ll rapidly gain knowledge of how our company works and the impact that you can have to help us move towards a more connected and sustainable world.
About the opportunities
Project management is a core discipline within Jacobs and relates to application of processes to achieve specific project objectives within a finite timescale and budget. Our Project Management Graduates play a key role in the delivery of our service to our clients.
You will be responsible forassisting Senior Project Managers to deliver projects successfully by managing the profit and loss across all phases of project activities including planning and execution on projects that range from small to large in value and a variety of scope that include engineering, procurement and construction. The role doesn’t require any prior knowledge or experience in these specific areas, as you’ll learn through the programme, but you do need good people management skills and good business awareness and a desire to positively influence project outcomes.
Opportunities are available in Bristol, London, Winnersh, Glasgow, Humber, Reading, Warrington offices.
Here’s what you'll need
- Be working towards a relevant Degree such as Project Management, Engineering, Sciences, Construction, Finance or Business Management. We are also keen to consider applicants with degrees falling outside of these areas of expertise. However, you should be able to demonstrate good people management skills, good business awareness and a desire to positively influence outcomes.
- A flexible self-starter who is keen to drive your career forward.
- Adaptable to change, with a thirst for learning new things.
- You must have the permanent right to work in the UK.
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Solo Video Assessment
- Step 3: Interview
What else we provide
- A flexible workstyle, embracing a hybrid working pattern and supporting those who need to balance work/life commitments a bit differently than others.
- Free single medical cover and digital GP service.
- Reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
- An inclusive and diverse work environment, embracing the variety of disciplines, cultures, backgrounds and lifestyles of our employees through our Jacobs Employee Networks.
- A focus on safety, health, and wellbeing, prioritising our people through a culture of caring and positive mental health champion network.
- Opportunities to give back to our communities through our Collectively program, incorporating matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
We want you to bring your whole, authentic self to Jacobs.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.
Your application experience is important to us, and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.