Technology: Industrial Placement Year
About the Position
We are hiring for our IT industrial placement beginning in September 2021, with flexible duration between 6-12 months, in our London office. If you are imagining a daily routine that involves making copies and watching as someone turns a computer off and back on, think again—this is not your typical IT internship.
Jane Street interns are trained as if they are new joiners. They are working alongside our existing full time team in a hands-on capacity, helping our desktop support engineers make tangible and immediate improvements to our office environment. This can include: updating physical and virtual office landscapes, providing tech support to full-timers across all departments, and developing and writing internal tooling for IT Support.
Our IT interns are positive, collaborative problem solvers who love helping people. They are unafraid to ask questions and learn from mistakes. They troubleshoot in real-time and listen patiently to the end user. The feedback loop on resolving user issues is immediate and gratifying - most of the time, the person reaching out is someone you already know.
Internship roles provide a great introduction to Jane Street and how we think about and solve problems across all teams. Often, successful interns have been invited to return for a full-time position after graduation.
- Member of the class of 2021 or 2022.
- A reliable team player with a “no job too small” attitude.
- Communicates clearly and respectfully with colleagues.
- Eager to learn, help people, and solve problems.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Has a humble attitude and is not afraid to admit mistakes and ask for help.
- Able to analyse and deconstruct technical problems.
- Able to develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Interested in learning about networking, programming, or system administration.
- Willing to take a hands-on approach to gain experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues at the desktop, server, and network levels.
- No background in finance required.
- Must be able to start working during September 2021.