Graduate Electrical Engineer Derby 2024
We’re currently offering the opportunity for graduates in the Derbyshire area, sometimes being required to work from the Derby office. You will gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in Electrical Engineering within the civil engineering industry, working predominantly within clean/wastewater.
As a Graduate Electrical Engineer, you will work as part of the Electrical Team to provide support in the delivery of multi-disciplined projects. You will be based in an operational office or out on site depending on the delivery phase of the project.
If working on site, you will be working alongside a commissioning engineer. Alternatively, you could also work in the office on Electrical design aspects. A supportive team will be behind you, and you’ll be given every opportunity to progress and develop your skills and get involved in the work carried out.
What you’ll do
- Support the Project Team in coordinating multiple aspects of different Projects
- Liaise with Sub-Contractors & Suppliers
- Approve Drawings and Designs of Suppliers
- Oversee the activity of Sub-Contractors & Suppliers on the Site
- Assist with maintaining our world class safety culture of our critical designs, health & safety documentation, O&M manuals, and commissioning plans.
- Candidates must have a degree relevant to Electrical Engineering
- Valid UK driving licence: essential
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
- Confidence, motivation, plus the ability to hand multiple tasks and problem-solve
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Strong organisational, communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- A positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure
At JN Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary and our core benefits include:
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible pension contributions up to 5% employee 10% employer
- Life assurance of 4 x salary
- Income protection
- Private medical insurance
- Health cash plan
- Car benefit (subject to the role)
- Annual professional institution subscription costs
- Career and professional development opportunities
Ready to apply? Click apply and upload your CV. We look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch.
About JN Bentley
As a business we directly employ over 1800 people, which includes a large site-based weekly resource – something that sets us apart.
We delivered close to £300 million worth of work in 2022, with turnover set to rise to £400 million by the end of 2023 – delivered by JN Bentley and our two design and build businesses: Mott MacDonald Bentley (MMB) and JBA Bentley (JBAB).
As a business we work hard to develop lasting relationships with our clients, and our business has grown largely from repeat work. Our philosophy is simple – construction is about providing a service and as such we always work collaboratively and flexibly with our clients in a spirit of openness and honesty.
We believe that this positive approach to project management with clients has contributed greatly to our on-going successes. We pride ourselves on working with our clients to find innovative solutions to traditional construction problems and applying the latest technology to drive efficiencies and reduce waste – without compromising on quality.
Our ethos, experience and systems are ideal for ensuring the successful delivery of projects and programmes of work with clients of all sizes through both framework agreements and traditionally-procured projects.
Equality, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
At JN Bentley Ltd we welcome applications from all sectors of the community. We are dedicated to building a diverse workplace where everyone feels included, has the opportunity to thrive, and is treated with respect. So, if you don’t meet every single requirement for this role but still feel excited about it, we encourage you to apply anyway as you may be the right candidate for this or other roles that we have available.
We are committed to ensuring that our recruitment practices are barrier-free and as inclusive as possible. This includes making adjustments during the job application process and throughout your future career with us. Please email email@example.com if you have any further enquiries.
We are committed to providing a flexible and agile working environment that supports both our employees and the needs of the business.