Procurement/Buying Placement Skipton 2024
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in procurement. Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the world of procurement and how it plays an important role in keeping a busy, fast-paced business running. The role will grow over the year and, as your confidence and skills improve, you’ll take on added responsibility that will stand you in great stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work thereafter.
What you’ll do
Our busy Procurement Teams manage a spend of over £85m per year, liaising closely with various internal & external stakeholders to deliver best value solutions. Working in this fast paced team you will:
- Process requisitions to provide sites with a range of materials and subcontract services across the UK.
- Find and request quotations from established and new Suppliers in order to add value and reduce cost.
- Understand construction requirements through a mix of site & supplier visits.
- Produce high-level reports on spend, utilisation and costs
- Learn key negotiation skills and implement them through engaging with various stakeholders to add value.
- You must be studying towards obtaining a full-time business degree with an industrial placement and be eligible to work in the UK.
- We are willing to review applications for any individual studying a degree in business, supply chain and procurement or similar related courses.
- The ability to work in a busy office - handling multiple tasks at once - working under pressure but in a light-hearted manner.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and organisation skills.
- Good IT skills - you must be IT literate.
- Confidence, self-motivated and a strong work ethic.
- You must be confident, organised and have a natural ability to communicate effectively.
At JN Bentley you will be offered a competitive salary and our core benefits include:
- 26 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Health cash plan
- A fantastic placement program
- Opportunity to be sponsored in your final year and return to us as a graduate
Ready to apply? Click apply and upload your CV. We look forward to hearing from you and will be in touch.