Sales and Marketing Placement Nottingham 2024
John Deere is a leading supplier of agricultural and turf equipment and we are seeking to appoint two students for a 12 month placement at our Sales and Marketing Branch in Langar, Nottingham.
Discover a world of opportunities with the student work placement at John Deere. Here at John Deere, you are becoming an important part of our team right from the start.
You will have the opportunity to gain first insights and experiences into a global operating company and lay a solid foundation for your career by making first contacts. Furthermore, Student work placements always enrich your CV. With a student work placement at John Deere, you can combine theory and practice while you are independently taking on tasks and working on own projects you can expand your professional and personal competencies. In addition, supervisors and colleagues will provide you with support and advice in the way you need it. The programme runs every year and typically offers several places. Successful candidates generally join the company for approximately 12 months, gaining invaluable real-life experience in a Global company.
We believe that variety is the spice of life and you’ll therefore get exposure to a number of different parts of the business – namely Sales & Marketing, Dealer Development, Aftermarket and Finance.
To join us in July 2024, we are seeking students to do a Sales & Marketing Placement which will likely include the following responsibilities:
- Working with Divisional Sales Managers and Branch Tactical Marketing Manager on a variety of projects
- You’ll be a point of contact for different systems used by the business and will have responsibility for excel spreadsheets
- Working as part of the team you will be happy to roll up your sleeves to help with set up at shows and events and will get to enjoy the fruits of your labour by attending large shows across both Agriculture and Turf
- Preparation of machinery for demos, shows and events
- Organization of marketing materials for shows and events
- Assist Demo Coordinator in day-to-day duties
- Maintaining display floor showroom
- Processing spreadsheets
- Involvement in marketing campaigns
As well as the fantastic experience gained above you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Attend training courses and learn more about the industry leading John Deere products
- Spend time with a Territory Manager and/or Harvesting Territory Manager, visiting customers and dealers, seeing demos, getting a sense of what this role entails to broaden your knowledge and understanding
- Be part of a fun, vibrant team based in Nottingham at the Sales & Marketing Branch
- Play an active and important role in the Staff Employee Engagement Team – Engage, Enrich, Enjoy
- Gain an insight into marketing campaigns, creating displays using genuine John Deere parts
- Lead presentations to apprentices and other audiences about the John Deere brand and products.
- You could also get the opportunity to work on projects with the other teams within the business to look at parts, aftermarket, finance, ect. This is the perfect way to look at all angles of the business.
What we expect from you
- Positive approach, can do attitude, willingness to get stuck in and give things a try, comfortable with working on your own initiative although rest assured there’ll be plenty of support to help you succeed.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties, but an example of some of the tasks that a student on our placements may enjoy being part of.