Business Compliance & Operations Industrial Placement
The J&J Medical business has a total sales value of ~$650m and sales team of ~450, split across 23 platforms. The Business Operations & Compliance Team is an integral part of the Operations Team driving a leading class internal and external customer experience, with customer mantra being ‘easy to do business with’.
To role is required to support the UK/IRE Business Operations and Compliance Function across the assigned business unit to:
- ensure all activities within the UK/IRE One Medical Device business take place compliantly.
- Ensure activities operate within Healthcare Compliance (HCC) and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) requirements as outlined by the One MD HCC Officer.
- Ensure compliant business growth across the assigned business unit(s).
Required Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the designated UK/IRE Business Compliance Specialist to ensure all activities within the business take place compliantly and have all the required documents and approvals in place prior to the activity going ahead.
- Provide guidance, and first level reviews for One MD UK/IRE activities in accordance with the HCC Programme
- Process and review such requests for approval via the on-line approvals process
- Engage with and support the business as a trusted compliance contact and offer necessary support.
- Operate within the UK/IRE HCC policies and procedures
- Report issues and escalate to Specialist if necessary
- Deliver ad-hoc training and provide support on HCC approvals systems to staff if required
- Ensure appropriate post event documentation is provided in relation to all activities that the business undertake in line with audit requirements
- Assist in co-ordinating preparations for Corporate Internal Audits
- Assist and support HCC testing and monitoring documentation and activities
- Draft Consulting and Educational Grant agreements with Healthcare Professionals/Government Officials (HCP/GOs) using a legally approved template
- Assist with HCP/GO payments in a timely manner in line with J & J payment terms
- Extend business and product knowledge by attending Professional Education events, product training and field visits when required
- Establish a sound business relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Willingness to travel, and attend meetings as required
- Live into Our Vision and what we stand for
Required Education And/Or Experience
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Demonstrates high level administration skills
- Proactively manages workload
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Excellent communicator
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Logical and disciplined approach to record storage and maintenance activities
- Ability to deal with flexible work load and type is essential
- Work within company policies and procedures
Education and Experience
- Business related degree
- Excellent IT and Administration skills