Pharmaceutical Marketing Student Placement
By joining a company that has been carving out the future of healthcare for more than 130 years, you will be offered a career as limitless as the lives it touches. It’s as simple as that. Start building a career with purpose at J&J and make the next generation the healthiest yet.
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Motivated by our dedication to patients, we bring creative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson.
In marketing you could find yourself as part of a team tasked with launching a new product or creating a multimedia campaign for a world famous brand. You could uncover invaluable insights by looking at things from our customers’ point of view or develop innovative new ways to help patients, consumers and medical professionals everywhere. As a marketing placement student you will enjoy a varied role in a fast paced, creative environment.
Placement students in our Pharmaceutical sector are heavily involved in PR events such as educational awareness events or product launches and also develop advertising materials and mobile apps for our sales force. In this placement you will work closely with the brand managers and account managers to ensure our products are marketed to our customers in a clear and informative way, ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the ABPI & HCBI code of Practice.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Coordination of online activity such as digital content across websites, mobile sites and social media
- Analysis of market research and sales data
- Copy writing and advert design
- Running PR activity and supporting key events
- Procurement excellence and copy approval
- Monitor industry press releases and market research
- Taking ownership of key tasks and delivering to a professional standard
- Support all internal communication strategies including video production and literature design
- Support ad hoc projects around activities such as Corporate Social Responsibility
Requirements of the role
- 2 years of degree level study completed
- A minimum of 2:1 achieved in first year of study
- Business related, design and bio science degree types preferred
Key skills and competencies
- Strong commercial and business acumen
- Excellent analytical and reporting ability
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing
- Able to interpret and understand complex information such as financial and market data, scientific data and clinical information
- Excellent organisational skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player
- Self-motivated with a high level of tenacity
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and effectively prioritise