Junior PowerBI Developer 2021
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in.
To start a career that is out of the ordinary, please apply...
Kantar is looking to hire a bright and tech-savvy graduate to join our Technology and Management Information team as a Junior PowerBI Developer. This role will help support Kantar's digital transformation and the build/roll-out of an enterprise analytics platform that will be used by stakeholders throughout a global business.
We are looking for an individual with an interest in Azure DevOps and PowerBI/data visualisation to work closely with our Data Architecture and Data Analytics experts to expand Kantar’s Azure analysis platform, focused on the continual improvement of the depth, breadth, and quality of our analysis, reporting, and dashboard solutions. It is a unique opportunity for a candidate at the start of their career in analytics and data visualisation to learn from industry-leading experts, interact with cutting-edge technologies, and to help build an ambitious suite of solutions that will have genuine business impact at Kantar.
This position will be based in our Warwick office (CV34 6RJ), however, it will be fully remote all the while COVID-related restrictions remain in place. It is a permanent, full time opportunity.
- You will build high-performing and secure PowerBI reports and dashboards in-line with business requirements, working in an Agile development environment within an international team.
- The role will expand across our landscape and you will be designing and delivering reports/dashboards that connect financial, people/HR, and sales data, though ever-expanding remits.
- You will work closely with global data owners and source solution specialists to drive continuous maturity of dashboards and their value-add to Kantar and its stakeholders.
- You will develop your understanding of key concepts, such as UX design, scalability, and performance, while having a continuous improvement mindset (i.e. implementing what you have learned).
- You will learn how to scope business requirements and deliver reports and dashboard that meet the needs of your stakeholders, allowing Kantar to put business data at the heart of its decision making.
- 2:i or higher degree, ideally in a data-led/analytical subject.
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Visio).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to connect with technical and non-technical audiences.
- A passion for data and a desire to build your knowledge in Azure DevOps and PowerBI/data visualisation tools.
- Keen problem-solving skills and an ability to show examples of having improved ways of working or coming up with creative solutions to problems.
- High levels of attention to detail - this is hugely important in our work.
- Basic programming skills or prior experience using data visualisation tools would be considered highly advantageous.
Kantar Rewards Statement
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
Kantar is the world’s leading data, insights and consulting company. We understand more about how people think, feel, shop, share, vote and view than anyone else. Combining our expertise in human understanding with advanced technologies, Kantar’s 30,000 people help the world’s leading organisations succeed and grow.